What did you cook/eat today (March 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Bean, Leek and Cheese Bake
IMGP1696.jpg

Last edited:
Tonight will be steaks, sweet potato fries and some other vegetable.

Neither I used too much salt usually..but a pinch of salt in this salted cake is necessary...just a pinch not a truckload of salt :roflmao:
The only thing I put salt in is bread that needs yeast, and then only the tiniest amount I can get away with. My blood sodium levels are naturally high and salt in my diet is a no-no. I can taste the natural salt in products. I have just had a cup of decaf coffee which has a very low sodium level, and I can taste the salt. :D

The only thing I put salt in is bread that needs yeast, and then only the tiniest amount I can get away with. My blood sodium levels are naturally high and salt in my diet is a no-no. I can taste the natural salt in products. I have just had a cup of decaf coffee which has a very low sodium level, and I can taste the salt. :D

You should get together with @SatNavSaysStraightOn ! I just don't get it. I put quite a lot of salt in things. Certainly bread tastes horrible without it. The salt thing causing high blood pressure has been shown to be a bit of a myth.

You should get together with @SatNavSaysStraightOn ! I just don't get it. I put quite a lot of salt in things. Certainly bread tastes horrible without it. The salt thing causing high blood pressure has been shown to be a bit of a myth.
Salt in major quantities can cause a stroke. And yes bread needs about a half a teaspoon per pound.

This had been contested. The studies are not robust. There is a thread about this somewhere...
I am going by what a former boyfriend's doctor told his mother when his dad had a stroke. It was proven to be salt related. You will note I said massive. I am talking she used between 56 and 100 grams of salt per meal and that was when there were just 4 or 5 of us. A container of salt has roughly 737 grams. She would go through at least 2 containers a week. She used way more when the rest of the family visited.
Oh and I lost at least 5 lbs of water weight when the guy got out of the hospital.
I will agree with you that normal amounts in healthy people are not likely to cause health problems.

Oh weight I was a bit off on the bread. It is 7/8 of a teaspoon.

I add 6 tsp of salt to 16 litres of chili con carne. I was told that it was excessive but I haven't changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom