What did you cook or eat today (April 2024)?

There was a lovely filling soup, with chard stalks, carrots, potatoes, onion, ginger and some gluten free pasta and I entered it for the ginger challenge.
I've got another 2 recipes coming up...but must attend to my oven.
20240414_133236.jpg

There was a lovely filling soup, with chard stalks, carrots, potatoes, onion, ginger and some gluten free pasta and I entered it for the ginger challenge.
I've got another 2 recipes coming up...but must attend to my oven.
View attachment 112361
The soup looks wonderful…and I always like seeing your nail color! 💅

Who's this TAYLOR guy I keep hearing about? :D

I personally will not eat it. Tried it once, and that was once too many times.

Taylor ham/pork roll is processed meat with a unique taste, pork roll has resisted accurate description and is sometimes referred to as a mystery meat. It contains lightly smoked pork, salt, preservative, and spices

From Wiki
Pork roll - Wikipedia

I personally will not eat it. Tried it once, and that was once too many times.

Taylor ham/pork roll is processed meat with a unique taste, pork roll has resisted accurate description and is sometimes referred to as a mystery meat. It contains lightly smoked pork, salt, preservative, and spices

From Wiki
Pork roll - Wikipedia
I've never tried it, but I am not much into ham unless it's diced in an omelet or quiche or cooked to beyond tender in a bean soup. So it sounds similar to SPAM? Edited to add the excerpt from your link:

1713380083155.png

Speaking of quiche with ham in it (it also had sauteed mushrooms, peppers, onions, mustard greens and lots of cheese), I had leftover that for breakfast.

I've never tried it, but I am not much into ham unless it's diced in an omelet or quiche or cooked to beyond tender in a bean soup. So it sounds similar to SPAM? Edited to add the excerpt from your link:

View attachment 112370

Speaking of quiche with ham in it (it also had sauteed mushrooms, peppers, onions, mustard greens and lots of cheese), I had leftover that for breakfast.
Never had SPAM so don't know, but if it tastes anything like Taylor ham, I'll pass.

Never had SPAM so don't know, but if it tastes anything like Taylor ham, I'll pass.
I must have been about 6-7 when my mother put it (SPAM) on a plate and put it in front of me. I think that's the last time I ate it. I suppose if it was cooked properly with lots of other delicious ingredients to balance it out (kaneohegirlinaz probably knows ways to make it taste good) I might eat it.

Nice autumnal day here so I'm taking wife out for lunch.. to the leithfield hotel to be exact. We will play the pokies something I do about 3 times a year .
Dinner tonight something small and quick.

Russ

medtran49 IMHO Spam and Taylor's Ham (Pork Roll) tastes very similar.
I grew up eating Spam with more of an Asian influence.
I was introduced to Pork Roll aka Taylor's Ham after meeting my DH and I make it how he grew up eating that Pork product.
That very first time I had Taylor's Ham, I brought some back to Hawaii, frozen in my suitcase.
I made Sunday Brunch for my parents and DH.
DH asked his father-in-law (Hawaiian-born & raised on Oahu) what he thought of Taylor's Ham ... "Tastes like Spam to me."
DH was appalled!
:laugh:
And by the by, Spam no longer has any "goo or come in the can..." it hasn't for many many years.

Back
Top Bottom