What did you cook or eat today (February 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cold and snowy, this calls for an Island fav

IMG_1313.JPG

S&S brand Saimin Deluxe! Soul warming and satisfying too.
It has Won Ton, homemade Char Siu (`cuz you can't buy it here in Cowboyville Arizona :laugh:, Baby Bok Choy, and loads of Green Onions (I think they're on the bottom of the bowl). Normally I would also add sliced Kamaboko aka Steamed Fish Cake, but I ran out.

The experimental tapioca flour+oat milk pudding, with carob, over fresh banana slices, topped with crushed roasted almonds.
Beautiful silky but runny consistency, very tasty, light, no sugar, just the natural banana sweetness.
The back thought was the challenge, but no pressure, just playing around.

I also did one with half oat milk half lemon juice, it tastes lovely, but is even runnier, so will pour it over my salad later today...no salt, no sugar, just lemony, but tamed with the tapioca and oat.

I find my new Bromelia plant so cute, and placed the pudding there for a moment, then snapped the pic.

Plus a better view of the post-concert flowers, with the post-conceert nail wraps.:happy:

Heading off to an intense week or weeks.

I used some leftover chili, corn tortilla chips, and grated cheese to make a plate of nachos. I was planning to take a picture, but just plain forgot to do it. :facepalm:

CD
Scandalous that a photographer would forget to take a picture, especially a Texan making nachos! Oh the horror! :laugh:

The experimental tapioca flour+oat milk pudding, with carob, over fresh banana slices, topped with crushed roasted almonds.
Beautiful silky but runny consistency, very tasty, light, no sugar, just the natural banana sweetness.
The back thought was the challenge, but no pressure, just playing around.

I also did one with half oat milk half lemon juice, it tastes lovely, but is even runnier, so will pour it over my salad later today...no salt, no sugar, just lemony, but tamed with the tapioca and oat.

I find my new Bromelia plant so cute, and placed the pudding there for a moment, then snapped the pic.

Plus a better view of the post-concert flowers, with the post-conceert nail wraps.:happy:

Heading off to an intense week or weeks.

View attachment 81516

View attachment 81517
View attachment 81515
I think I have tapioca starch/flour (and I know I have cornstarch and xanthum gum) but I didn't know we were allowed to use it for a thickener for the challenge? I thought it was pretty strict about either being gelatin, agar agar, or carrageen. I had asked about using what thickeners I had on hand instead and didn't get a yes, so...

But I really like the way it looks, if you are allowed to do so, you should enter it! I think that would make a good topping for pancakes. I would eat that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom