What did you cook or eat today (February 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vegetable salad with croutons, roasted chickpeas, and tahini-honey dressing.
IMG_8770.jpeg

Hello everyone. It is morning here, so until now I've had decaff coffee with rice milk, some soy yoghurt and homemade gingerbread cookies (low gluten). I've liked this recipe so much that this is surely at least the 5th time I've baked those in the last month.
We have some meat and sauce but I will cook some more and potatoes as a side (just boiled) for lunch, no pic of that, nothing spectacular, but tastes good.
20240114_125949.jpg

Not really cooked, unless you count pouring boiling water over the almonds, but prepared...

Ajo Blanco

View attachment 109705

I included an Edamame bean, garden pea & soy yoghurt addition and a sweetcorn & soy yoghurt addition for variation
Same as above. Hubby served.

20240202_182953.jpg

Apparently there was enough garlic in this version, hubby informed me as he sat chewing a whole clove of raw garlic that the Vitamix somehow missed yesterday! I settled for swallowing the 2 smaller pieces I found in mine without chewing. Even if it does nothing for Covid, it should keep the vampires away!

Hello everyone. It is morning here, so until now I've had decaff coffee with rice milk, some soy yoghurt and homemade gingerbread cookies (low gluten). I've liked this recipe so much that this is surely at least the 5th time I've baked those in the last month.
We have some meat and sauce but I will cook some more and potatoes as a side (just boiled) for lunch, no pic of that, nothing spectacular, but tastes good.
View attachment 109725
Hi, good to see you posting! Those look very tasty, indeed.

Didnt cook but while out at bunnings we got a hot dog each for lunch.
Northern hemisphere people bunnings are a big store nz wide. But not sd big as wal.mart.
People fundraise on the entrance bit of bread few onions and squirtof mustard or tomato sauce. $ 3 cheap as chips .
Schools etc raise a lot of money .

Russ

MrsT and I are out at the Hard Rock Cafe in Cincy - she’s attending an event, and I agreed to drive her down early so we could eat here beforehand:

IMG_7453.jpeg
IMG_7456.jpeg

That’s the Diablo burger - pickled jalapeños, pepperjack cheese, and spicy mayonnaise. Fries in the back there.

I also ordered a beer with it, and I ordered that burger in honor of Yorky - and I think from somewhere across the universe, he gave me a little nod of thanks, because they took so long changing the tap, they gave me the beer ($10) for free - I know Yorky frequently referenced the…frugality of his fellow Yorkshiremen, so maybe he helped get me the best beer of all…a free one.

Cheers, mate. 🍻

MrsT and I are out at the Hard Rock Cafe in Cincy - she’s attending an event, and I agreed to drive her down early so we could eat here beforehand:

View attachment 109742View attachment 109743

That’s the Diablo burger - pickled jalapeños, pepperjack cheese, and spicy mayonnaise. Fries in the back there.

I also ordered a beer with it, and I ordered that burger in honor of Yorky - and I think from somewhere across the universe, he gave me a little nod of thanks, because they took so long changing the tap, they gave me the beer ($10) for free - I know Yorky frequently referenced the…frugality of his fellow Yorkshiremen, so maybe he helped get me the best beer of all…a free one.

Cheers, mate. 🍻

Yes he will be missed. I will raise my glass in my first drink at 9pm.tonight.

Russ

vernplum Morning 👋 re the lovely recipe you posted
5-Minute Miso Glazed Salmon Recipe

The ingredients arrived and the salmon is bathing in its lovely marinade for a couple of hours 👍

I just want to check with you as I’d don’t generally grill fish, it says -

“Preheat a broiler (toaster oven or regular oven) to high. Cover a small broiler pan with aluminum foil. Rub excess marinade off of salmon and place on broiler pan. Broil until top surface is well charred and salmon is barely warm in the center, about 5 minutes, using the foil to protect any areas that threaten to burn.”

So this means there’s no direct heat on the underside? It goes from the fridge on a piece of foil under the hottest grill for 5 mins (ish) and that’s all there is to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom