What did you cook or eat today (February 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening meal "on the road"...

20240224_165838.jpg

Vegan burrito with all the vegan extras

I thought Naan was Indian flat bread?
I'd say there are 5 Indian breads which are commonly found in restaurants. Chapatti, paratha, poori, bhatura and naan.
Chapattis and paratha do not contain yeast and are cooked on a griddle/flattop/heavy frying pan/skillet. Chapatti is simply flour water and a pinch of salt; paratha has the addition of plenty of ghee (clarified butter), which makes it flaky.
Pooris and bhaturas are fried in hot oil, causing them to puff up dramatically. Pooris are basically deep-fried chapattis, whereas bhatura have yeast and yoghurt in the mix.
Naan is traditionally baked in a very hot oven. Similar to bhatura, it's made with flour, milk/yoghurt, yeast, and the breads are slapped on to the side of a "tandoor" - an Indian oven. As they bake, the weight of the dough causes the bread to form a tear drop shape.

Everyone really liked the Upside down sausage cobbler so I then revealed it was the American breakfast Biscuits and Gravy. They are now fans 😊
Most of the dishes I looked at seemed to have eggs (usually scrambled) with it but it’s such a rich dish I went with oven ‘sun dried’ tomatoes with smoked salt, pepper and garlic to give a sharper contrast.
Made the scones (biscuits) with buttermilk and some buckwheat flour for a dense more savoury taste.

IMG_2124.jpeg

Everyone really liked the Upside down sausage cobbler so I then revealed it was the American breakfast Biscuits and Gravy. They are now fans 😊
Most of the dishes I looked at seemed to have eggs (usually scrambled) with it but it’s such a rich dish I went with oven ‘sun dried’ tomatoes with smoked salt, pepper and garlic to give a sharper contrast.
Made the scones (biscuits) with buttermilk and some buckwheat flour for a dense more savoury taste.

View attachment 110411
Hubby likes runny eggs on top of the sausage gravy over the biscuits with streaky bacon on the side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom