What did you cook or eat today, (January 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ham and cheese on toast..

ham cheese toast s.jpg

6D5CC202-E381-417B-893C-3E02C25B4059.jpeg

Sirloin and Pork Rib Harissa Chili - my first real cooking in weeks, and it was so easy. The ribs were leftover from a trip to Famous Dave’s...I trimmed the meat from the bone, chopped it up, and let the bones stew for a while before extracting them. The sirloin is meat I ground myself. The harissa was honestly stomped on a bit by the Anaheim and chipotle peppers I used, but I still think it brought a nice flavor (and color...I mean, look at that red!)

The harissa was honestly stomped on a bit by the Anaheim and chipotle peppers I used, but I still think it brought a nice flavor (and color...I mean, look at that red!)

Nice!

Did you make your own harissa - or do you mean you added harissa to the chilli which already had the Arnheim & chipotle in it?

So what did you do with the black garlic? Is it mashed into a paste in the sauce? I've used it that way in mushroom pasta dishes - it has great affinity with mushrooms.

I crushed it and melted it slowly in the sauce. I had to say that it gave to the dish that extra touch. I'll also try it in the risotto (yes, I love it) with mushrooms as you mentioned, good idea.

I crushed it and melted it slowly in the sauce. I had to say that it gave to the dish that extra touch. I'll also try it in the risotto (yes, I love it) with mushrooms as you mentioned, good idea.
Black garlic reminds me a lot of balsamic vinegar. I need to use with care, since it's a strong flavor, but I do like it.

Black garlic reminds me a lot of balsamic vinegar. I need to use with care, since it's a strong flavor, but I do like it.

It's true, it has a taste that recalls balsamic vinegar or even liquorice, but much less invasive (in my opinion). I'm a fan now of black garlic, doubtless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom