What did you cook or eat today, (January 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fresh from the oven, another almond & vanilla cornbread …

Cornbread pic5a 16012019.jpg

Did stir fried scallops and prawns last night. It was awful.
The recipe called for wakame seaweed but I was unable to source any locally. I did however get some sushi nori seaweed thinking that might be a suitable alternative.
It wasn't. The recipe called for the seaweed to be rehydrated with some water. When I did this it turned into a glutinous sludge. I will try this again but will definitely source some wakame locally or from Amazon.

I was looking at Chicken Kiev for the weekend but substituting fresh coriander (of which we have shed loads) for fresh parsley (of which we have none). I think your post has put me off this variation. Maybe we can find some fresh parsley tomorrow.

I was looking at Chicken Kiev for the weekend but substituting fresh coriander (of which we have shed loads) for fresh parsley (of which we have none). I think your post has put me off this variation. Maybe we can find some fresh parsley tomorrow.

I think this may be wise but I'm not sure why - much as I like coriander (cilantro in US) , the idea of garlic, coriander butter doesn't seem right. You could always make Kiev minus the parsley.

I'm happy to see you baking again, @Wandering Bob!

Thank you for those kind words … but I haven't stopped baking … perhaps I just haven't posted all the cornbreads that I've made recently.

Since the beginning of November last year, I've made 17 different types of 'Winter Bread', with some repeats of the more successful ones, plus an initial go at a 'pain au curcuma' (turmeric bread), and a 'pain nature' with my neighbour's 11-year old son (he did all the work - and should get the credit).

If you're interested, see the 'Winter Bread' thread ...https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/a-winter-bread.13768/

Thank you for those kind words … but I haven't stopped baking … perhaps I just haven't posted all the cornbreads that I've made recently.

Since the beginning of November last year, I've made 17 different types of 'Winter Bread', with some repeats of the more successful ones, plus an initial go at a 'pain au curcuma' (turmeric bread), and a 'pain nature' with my neighbour's 11-year old son (he did all the work - and should get the credit).

If you're interested, see the 'Winter Bread' thread ...https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/a-winter-bread.13768/
I'm very happy to hear that! I will have a look at your latest adventures in Winter Bread shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom