What did you cook or eat today (October 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_5969.jpeg
IMG_5968.jpeg

Nothing yet. Trying to recover from last night's dinner party, since I got home at 12.30am.
Looks like spaghetti tricolore with tuna and kalamatas...
Watch this space!

Trying a new vinegar pepper sauce.
View attachment 105464
Your pepper sauce looks interesting. How long do you allow the peppers to sit before using? Do you put it all in a blender?
I like that knife. Can you post a link to where I can find one? TIA

Picked up lunch and ate on the go. Hot dog and meat pattie. I also bought my tea as well. Wifes out with her bestie. My wifes shouting her. Shes fighting a real a hole ex. Wife wants to cheer her up. The yacht club. A flash joint apparently?
My wifes friend is excited.
I'll have a chicken kebab and lasagna topper.

Russ

Your pepper sauce looks interesting. How long do you allow the peppers to sit before using? Do you put it all in a blender?
I like that knife. Can you post a link to where I can find one? TIA
Knife
I'm not sure about the vinegar sauce, I'm just playing it by ear. I'm guessing at least a few days. I boiled the vinegar before pouring it over the top of the peppers so they would better hydrate and speed the process along.

I originally wanted to get tobasco peppers to use for this, but I couldn't find them anywhere. The closest thing I could find was tobasco pepper seeds and I'm not a gardener, so I don't think that would have worked out for me.

Last edited:
I originally wanted to get tobasco peppers to use for this, but I couldn't find them anywhere. The closest thing I could find was tobasco pepper seeds and I'm not a gardener, so I don't think that would have worked out for me.
Looks interesting!
The Pasilla chiles will give you a nice smoky finish. I'd add a tablespoon or two of olive oil there. The oil sucks up the "heat" in the chiles.
Amused by the descriptions on the packets, mind you. I'd classify all three chiles as "mild". Nowhere near "medium to hot"; for that, I'd go with chile de arbol which, incidentally, would be a good sub for your tabasco peppers.
The seeds won't do anything, btw. The hottest part of a chile is the vein, followed by the fruit.

I had 3 McDonald's nuggets before DD took me for a quick supermarket run last night. Then I had a small piece of rotisserie chicken breast when I got home.

Knife
I'm not sure about the vinegar sauce, I'm just playing it by ear. I'm guessing at least a few days. I boiled the vinegar before pouring it over the top of the peppers so they would better hydrate and speed the process along.

Thank you for the link. On my way to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom