What did you cook or eat today (September 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a lousy desserts/cake/cookies/biscuits cook, but there are a few recipes that I've managed to make which are foolproof. This is one of them; Apple, Ricotta and olive oil cake
A few years ago I was on a foodie site in the UK (which has unfortunately shut down) and there was a participant who religiously posted every single recipe from "The Guardian". This was one of them.
It's an unusual combination but it works very well. The picture will show you that I'd barely got it out of the oven when the wolves got to it.
Brushing with apricot jam was not an option, as I hadn't got any. The delicate pink glow is a result of strawberry jam. The jam doesn't add much to the flavour, but does make the cake "shine".

Apple, Ricotta and olive oil cake.jpg

I'm a lousy desserts/cake/cookies/biscuits cook, but there are a few recipes that I've managed to make which are foolproof. This is one of them; Apple, Ricotta and olive oil cake
A few years ago I was on a foodie site in the UK (which has unfortunately shut down) and there was a participant who religiously posted every single recipe from "The Guardian". This was one of them.
It's an unusual combination but it works very well. The picture will show you that I'd barely got it out of the oven when the wolves got to it.
Brushing with apricot jam was not an option, as I hadn't got any. The delicate pink glow is a result of strawberry jam. The jam doesn't add much to the flavour, but does make the cake "shine".

View attachment 104452

Looks very good indeed.

Out of interest, what was the UK foodie site?

Morning Glory I downloaded that pic from my phone in the smaller size ... and yes AF aka Air Fryer ... I'm finding it very useful, especially during this long hot Summer. I have rarely turned on the oven, I can most times use the 4 quart Air Fryer for us two.

First course:

IMG_5628.jpeg

The door is quickly slamming shut on tomato season here. I have a handful of interesting tomato recipes I want to make, and every summer I swear that I will, but as soon as the tomatoes land in the house…chomp chomp chomp…no more tomatoes.

Fried calamari, red & yellow potato salad, string bean salad, spring mix, kalamata & green olives, multicolored cherry tomatoes, and feta cheese, Caesar dressing. Lemon wedges and tomato sauce on the side.

fried_calamari_090223_img_1512-jpg.jpg

So
I made lunch today instead of evening meal because I know my mum will want to talk to me tonight with her just being out of hospital.

20230903_121953.jpg

Link to recipe
Spiced Oca with Spinach and Dressed Lentils Recipe

I reckon this could easily be made with any roasted root vegetable, not just oca/ New Zealand Yams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom