What did you cook today (November 2016)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning.
1. A chicken fried steak is either a cube steak or well tenderized round steak, battered and fried. (Preferably lightly battered and fried in a bit of bacon fat.) Many people deep fry them now.
2. Grilled cabbage. You core the cabbage, I then quartered mine and then put it on a piece of aluminum foil. Add a little salt, pepper and butter. Wrap the cabbage in the foil. And place on the grill for about an hour. An electric one is shown here.
https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/george-foreman-indoor-outdoor-electric-grill.8532/
3. Candied yams are fabulous. You take some sugar, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg and simmer the slices for a while. You can hard candy or soft candy depending on how long you cook them.
Mysteries solved! I like the sound of those yams.

Freezer foraging again (I'm trying to clear things out). The label said 'meatball mix'. Well its home-made but no indication of type of meat. I cooked them for partner's lunch, with dill mash and kale (plus lots of gravy). I think they were pork meatballs.

DSCF2962.jpg

Today we've ordered some Jacked potatoes for lunch. That was plenty...I could say a bit too much, but delicious. I've had the cheese one, and my colleagues had the chilli con carne and tuna melted. Now I'm wondering about dinner..but I think we'll just finish the soup from yesterday. Hopefully it's still good :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Tonight its vegetarian. I'm making a tortilla containing red peppers, dill, fried onions, tomatoes. Accompanied by (in a segue way from Italy to Greece) a Greek salad (Feta, cucumber, tomatoes, black olives, crisp lettuce) and (in another segue way to somewhere or other) ubiquitous garlic bread.

Last night.... (sorry but I'm always too knackered after cooking and then eating and then chooks and husband and .... you get the idea.

It was kofta balls (made with chickpeas, pumpkin seeds, grated potato, and various herbs and spices) in a nut free cream sauce (made with fenugreek leaves, cauliflower, red onion, tomato, and various other herbs and spices) served over rice.

We'll have the same again tonight, only served with a potato salad if I get my act together and do something rather than go to bed which my body wants me to do!

Venison steaks with ratatouille and polenta chips. Only recently discovered polenta chips in a Marcus Waring book, but they are fast becoming a regular thing - so easy compared with potato chips.

Today's comfort food. I prepared it but my wife cooked it as I was watching FP1 from Abu Dhabi. Cod and chips.

nov-f&c s.jpg

Venison steaks with ratatouille and polenta chips. Only recently discovered polenta chips in a Marcus Waring book, but they are fast becoming a regular thing - so easy compared with potato chips.
So you are making polenta chips? How? I imagine this sticky goo when I think of polenta (I'm not keen on it). Would you care to post it as a Recipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom