What did you cook today (November 2016)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of our eggs are the brightest of yellows. The most vivid yellow you can imagine, every last one of them from 4 different laying birds.
I don't doubt it but I can't remember you posting an example (post a link if you have).... and you commented on how orange my yolks were in another thread.

I don't doubt it but I can't remember you posting an example (post a link if you have).... and you commented on how orange my yolks were in another thread.
I think the only example you be in this thread for a wrap I have had for lunch, or the eggsperiment thread, but I'm back off to bed now. It's 00:40 her and I need some sleep again.

I think the only example you be in this thread for a wrap I have had for lunch, or the eggsperiment thread, but I'm back off to bed now. It's 00:40 her and I need some sleep again.
I found this one of yours - I reckon @Yorky and me out-yolk your chucks when it comes to colour (runs to hide)...

See Artifical Food colouring in Egg Yolks for comparison

IMG_6349.JPG

Last edited:
You can bet I will NOT be posting an egg for comparison. They are very pale compared to your eggs.
Oh and today will be grilled ribs with a mushroom sauce (from scratch), cabbage, the two potatoes left over from last night and a cake.

I may have a chili con carne this evening (without eggs).

I found this one of yours - I reckon @Yorky and me out-yolk your chucks when it comes to colour (runs to hide)...
Just out of curiosity, when someone asks you what colour an egg yolk is, do you respond yellow or orange?

This article (http://wholefedhomestead.com/egg-yolk-color-doesnt-matter/) is very enlightening and worth reading all of. I am in her boat with my chooks. Deep golden yellow. They are happy and they literally do melt into the ground when they relax whilst having a dust bath!

Just out of curiosity, when someone asks you what colour an egg yolk is, do you respond yellow or orange?

This article (http://wholefedhomestead.com/egg-yolk-color-doesnt-matter/) is very enlightening and worth reading all of. I am in her boat with my chooks. Deep golden yellow. They are happy and they literally do melt into the ground when they relax whilst having a dust bath!
I used to say yellow - until I started using The Black Farmer Eggs! Also, they seem to have a very large ratio of yolk to white.

IMGP1424.jpg

Last edited:
Chili con carne (without eggs). It was seriously HOT; and also seriously HOT!

chilli nov s.jpg

I used to say yellow - until I started using The Black Farmer Eggs! Also, they seem to have a very large ratio of yolk to white.

View attachment 4080
When we hard boil one of our girl's eggs we often think the same thing. Crack another of hers in a bowl or frying pan and you don't notice.

It has been at or around 30C today, so only a rice salad which I managed to kill yesterday (so we didn't have it)... second attempt was better but one of the rices was much too starch for this recipe, so need to work out which and not use it again for the rice salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom