What do you consider to be a complete breakfast?

For breakfast, I usually have a couple of cookies or a pastry with some tea or on some very rare cases I'll have a cup of coffee. For me that is complete, and all I need till about 1:30 or 2:00pm when I have lunch.

This is a bit of a mixed answer. I hardly ever eat breakfast, but I give my children breakfast every day. On a normal day they will have either cereal, toast or yoghurt and fruit. I live in the UK and we have something called the Full English Breakfast. The basics of this are bacon, sausages, eggs, toast, tomatoes and mushrooms. Some places also include some fo the following- baked beans, black pudding and hash browns. Eggs are typically served fried, but some places give customers the option of scrambled or poached eggs.

This is a bit of a mixed answer. I hardly ever eat breakfast, but I give my children breakfast every day. On a normal day they will have either cereal, toast or yoghurt and fruit. I live in the UK and we have something called the Full English Breakfast. The basics of this are bacon, sausages, eggs, toast, tomatoes and mushrooms. Some places also include some fo the following- baked beans, black pudding and hash browns. Eggs are typically served fried, but some places give customers the option of scrambled or poached eggs.

I live in the Midlands and yes I do like a FEB, I rarely eat it at breakfast much prefer to make it an evening meal: bacon, sausage, fried egg, beans,tomatoes and toast.

For myself, a complete breakfast is a piece of toast and coffee. But, I think a healthy complete breakfast includes all the food groups. So, toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter, juice or a fruit, and yogurt or a glass of milk would be a complete breakfast.

I am not a big breakfast person but if I am going to have a complete breakfast it is going to include, eggs,bacon, toast, cereal, juice and some sort of fruit. This would also mean I have enough time to sit and really enjoy these things which almost never happens.
This year I want to make breakfast the important meal it should be.

I love to have a bowl of hot cream of wheat in the morning, but most mornings it is pretty much grab what I can get when I have the time. Many people say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but I tend ot see lunch and dinner as my most important meals. Lunch keeps me going the rest of the day, and dinner is the big family meal at the end of the day.

A complete breakfast?

A bowl of general-grains cereal (corn flakes) and cereals like that with NO added sugar. Then two pieces of toast, lightly buttered with a small bit of preserves added (in my case, I prefer strawberry or blueberry preserves), a small plate of scrambled eggs and a tall glass of orange juice. Nothing better to eat some toast and eggs and break it up with some cereal and wash it down with some scurvy-curing-wonderful Orange Juice.

It depends on whether I am in a hurry or if I make time for breakfast. A quick breakfast is an espresso, apple juice and a boiled egg on toast or an omelet and a croissant or pain au chocolat if any are around.
A good breakfast would be toast, mushrooms, sauteed potatoes or hash browns, fried eggs or scrambled, vegetarian sausages and baked beans. That's a complete vegetarian fry up and I love them.

I have to say I love your idea of breakfast Ella because that's almost exactly what I would consider a full gorgeous breakfast! I would substitute the vegetarian sausages with some soya chunks mixed up with carrots, onion, green, yellow and red pepper and some tomatoes! A nice and strong black cup of coffee without sugar would finish it up really good as well!
This morning however I had the most unhealthy breakfast ever, had some left over pizza from last night, a banana and coffee! I have to say I felt terribly guilty.

I never eat breakfast myself, I just can't face any food until I've been awake for a few hours. I've always been like this and never come to any harm yet! I just have a coffee and some juice in the mornings and tend to have an early lunch instead. I do like the full English breakfast though, but have it as an afternoon or evening meal instead.

On the weekdays, I don't have much time to prepare a meal so I usually have a little bit of rice as well as scrambled egg or any leftovers from the night before. I usually have it with only water or half a cup of hot chocolate.
On the weekends when I have more time, I usually prepare pancakes with chocolate chips and have some sliced fruits along with coffee. It's such a fantastic feeling to eat slowly and savor my meal since I rarely get the chance to do so during these busy days :)

I used to skip breakfast quite a bit, to get a jump on my long commute to work, but my blood sugar would drop too quickly, so I started eating breakfast again. These days, I have either a cup of coffee or tea, and a poached egg on toast. That seems complete, and doesn't make me feel sluggish.

to me a complete breakfast is a good porridge topped with fresh and dried fruits and nuts and seeds,it covers all the healthy bases,
or the fat boy option a full english breakfast with sauce potatoes or hash browns,don't eat much of these

I seem to have gone from one end of the spectrum to the other. When I was in my twenties, breakfast meant a cup of tea. Now that I am considerably older, I cannot imagine starting the day without a good breakfast (fruit juice, tea and a couple of boiled eggs as the very minimum).

I try to have a "balanced" breakfast that represents the different food groups whenever possible, but that's sometimes more of a challenge and I end up going with what's convenient. In that instance, I would consider a complete breakfast one that was filling enough to be a complete meal as opposed to just grabbing a bagel or some fruit as I rush off someplace.

Back
Top Bottom