What do you put on your toast?

I've been trying to use a stockpile of mums marmalade that we have stockpiled,
i will get around to making some apple butter,we've been making rhubarb products at the moment while its in season

I love smooth peanut butter with honey. My best friend makes the best strawberry jam so if we have that in the fridge I'll use that but a jar will usually be gone in a day. My kids love cheese toast. My husband loves my stackers. For a stacker I'll take toast and layer on ham, cheese, slice of tomato, and a fried egg on top. It's stacked so high you have to eat it with a fork and knife. But it's so tasty.

I like just butter mostly but if I have some homemade jam I will use that.
Sometimes I like to have just butter with a banana sliced on top of it.

I'm happy with a nice butter one of the few times I use butter. I don't know if melted cheese qualifies since you ask about what you "put on" but I like that as well. Jams and jellies are wasted around here as no one likes a whole lot of sweet spreads.

My favourite is crunchy peanut butter, sometimes with a little bit of jam. I also really like sunflower seed butter, especially on dark bread with all sorts of grains. Wonder Bread and Nutella is really good once in awhile too :)

I'm quite weird when it comes to my toast-- I like to experiment a lot with it. Usually I'll have french toast or toast with butter, peanut butter and different jams. I also like my scrambled eggs on top of my toast. Putting guac, hot sauce, soy sauce, greek yogurt and cream are some of the different ingredients I've eaten with toast. Cookie butter, coconut flakes, mangoes, sardines and shrimp are really good with it. Basically anything is good with toast.

I like spreading butter and strawberry jam on my toast. Sometimes I like Nutella spread since the kids at home really love this one on their toast.

I like to dice an apple and saute it with just a bit of sweetner and a dash of cinnamin or apple pie spice, then spread some cottage cheese on the toast and top it with the apple mixture. I also like peanut butter, jam or jelly, nutella, melted cheese for an open face sanwich, scrambled eggs. and butter or butter with cinnamin sugar. Add a cup of nice hot coffee, tea, hot chocolate or milk and it is a great breakfast or snack. OH! And I also like to spread liver wurst on it.

One of my favourite things is wholewheat toast with grilled spicy sardines. It is so simple but with some gherkins or beetroot on the side it is a pretty healthy, quick and absolutely delicious meal!

For breakfast I tend to stick to toast and marmite. It's a classic for a reason!

Toast is one of my favorite high carb staples. It's easy to fix and budget friendly. Depending on the bread I can dress it up for breakfast or lunch or dinner by putting just about anything on it. My favorite toast topper is garlic butter and steak. I know that's not typical but it is may favorite. Jams and jellies and peanut butter are some of my staples but my mouth waters when I think of an open faced steak sandwich on garlic toast.

I do plain butter spread. But I also just discovered this pumpkin cinnamon spread for bagels that I love. I use that on toast as well sometimes and it's delicious.

I'm pretty versatile when it comes to what I put on my toast. I love plain butter, but I'm also a fan of sweet things like jelly. I enjoy putting fried eggs on toast along with some hot sauce as well. I feel like toast is such a bland thing that you can dress it up with just about anything.

Eggs and avocado are the top choices for me. I also like spicy tuna. I guess I like more savory toast than a sweet one, except for PBJ. Not a big fan of nuttella for toast though.

I'm from New Zealand, so I'll often put margarine and marmite on my toast. Apparently marmite is one of those foods that you need to be raised with in order to appreciate he he.

If I had to choose one topping on my toast, it would have to be avocado with tomato and a dash of salt. My second choice would be peanut butter. I love toast for breakfast and really don't put any limitation on what I add to it, from butter/margarine to tomatoes and mayo....yum toast is my very first go to in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom