What do you put on your toast?

I usually just have some sort of butter or margarine...or sometimes peanut butter. A few weeks ago when I was doing some Christmas shopping I bought a chocolate cherry jam so I have been using that on my toast...specifically English muffins. It is quite tasty. I don't make regular toast all that often..but I do enjoy it.

I'm one of those that like to do multiple things to my food before I'm satisfied. Usually, I use a little bit of butter on my toast then spread some cream cheese. If I wanna get fancy then I will use some strawberry preserve to top it all off.

A lot of peanut butter. I also slather the stuff on to my pancakes and French toast. People think I'm a bit nutty for doing so (no pun intended!). Don't do jam often anymore (for the same reason I don't do caffeine often anymore). Sugar gets me hyped, a person needs to sleep. Am an insomniac as it is.
Oh, &, if the bread is fresh and homemade, I'll spread some good quality unsalted butter on a big hunk after toasting it, and devour it that way.

Last edited:
I usually just have some sort of butter or margarine...or sometimes peanut butter. A few weeks ago when I was doing some Christmas shopping I bought a chocolate cherry jam so I have been using that on my toast...specifically English muffins. It is quite tasty. I don't make regular toast all that often..but I do enjoy it.
Nice, Kgord!. Chocolate Cherry Jam. That would be delicious, I am pretty certain.

I have found that boiling some of my favourite fruits with some simple syrup can make a kind of lazy man's jam/jelly. I do this with my apples all the time and keep it in a jar. I simple butter up my toast and apply this jam liberally. I still enjoy having hummus on my toast though. I advise you try it. Its delicious!

It depends on the meal/time of day. Breakfast would be either jam or honey, lunch would be baked beans or scrambled egg.

Back
Top Bottom