What food can you cook in 3 minutes?

[ Mod.comment: please note that this thread is a discussion topic and not a place to promote one particular recipe)

Omelettes are the obvious fast food and delicious too, but there is nothing wrong with a good home made sandwich. When I think of something made in short time my first choice is eggs as I absolutely adore them. A fried egg on toast can be made in 3 minutes and I love to top egg on toast with spices, herbs and sauces such as soy sauce or balsamic glaze. Example - this was egg on toast with mustard oil, oregano, mustard seeds and balsamic:

View attachment 108896
Or make a "uitsmijter"
Similar to MG's fried egg, but with ham or cheese underneath.
So, 2 slices bread, topped with ham (or cheese), 2 fried eggs on top. Will set you up for the day.
IMG_20231229_110202_436.jpg

Me too. The microwave comes in very handy for quick cooked food. Its probably the most maligned and underrated appliance in many kitchens.

I use mine to steam veggies. Wrap them in damp paper towels, and sap them. They come out cooked, but still have some crispness. It is great for asparagus.

CD

Uncooked spam?
Nah, then I rather just have the fried eggs on toast

You could microwave it. It works okay. Frying SPAM in a hot pan doesn't take long. I'm taking three minutes as a rough estimate of prep time.

I saw a video on YouTube where cooks were challenged to cook and plate burgers in less than ten minutes, and several cooks came in under 3 minutes. The fastest was something like 1:42 -- a two patty smash burger, fully dressed on a toasted bun.

CD

Back
Top Bottom