What foods do you hate and absolutely refuse to cook?

I live in the south.. pinto beans and cornbread are a staple here. I can't stand it! I've tried them several times, made different ways by different people. Something about them to me is just disgusting. It tastes like eating beans in muddy water or something..shew! My husband likes them but I refuse to make them, so he has to eat them at my mom's or his mom's house.

Tell mom to rinse the beans and use bottled water. Lots of pork fat too.
Yes, unclean beans are disgusting.

I really like liver, my husband doesn't so it doesn't get cooked in our house, neither of us like aubergine and avacados look so slimey so are never used.

I really like liver, my husband doesn't so it doesn't get cooked in our house, neither of us like aubergine and avacados look so slimey so are never used.
Bring on the liver! But why no aubergine? I don't get that as there are versatile and I bet I could win you over with a recipe. Avocados? I tend to agree. So many people love them but personally I find them too rich and they are so packed with calories!

Bring on the liver! But why no aubergine? I don't get that as there are versatile and I bet I could win you over with a recipe. Avocados? I tend to agree. So many people love them but personally I find them too rich and they are so packed with calories!

I have tried aubergine in numerous dishes but do not like the taste, I cannot bring myself to eat avacado, the look of them puts me off.

Here in Texas, nearly every Mexican restaurant serves guacamole (smashed avocados with tomatoes and who knows what else). If we go to a Mexican restaurant whoever is with me, gets a double portion since I can't stand avocado.

Tripe!

Veal-tripe-002.jpg

neither of us like aubergine and avacados look so slimey so are never used.
I adore both. But I have to confess that avocados have improved considerably since coming to Australia. Aubergine are one that needs practice to find the right way to cook them for you. I hated them as a child because my ex step father cooked them badly and it is only since my travels started that I have come to like nay, love them. I'm even growing them and Lebanese aubergines this year.

I have tried aubergine in numerous dishes but do not like the taste, I cannot bring myself to eat avacado, the look of them puts me off.
OK. You have got me on a challenge regarding aubergine. Do you like spicy food? And have you tried Baba Ganoush?

Here in Texas, nearly every Mexican restaurant serves guacamole (smashed avocados with tomatoes and who knows what else). If we go to a Mexican restaurant whoever is with me, gets a double portion since I can't stand avocado.
That's interesting so many people love it. Its the sheer oily creaminess which I dislike. I can eat it in small quantities and its best cut with citrus tastes and chilli (as in guacamole).

OK. You have got me on a challenge regarding aubergine. Do you like spicy food? And have you tried Baba Ganoush?

No however we have been to Spain this weekend and chef cooked the aubergine completely differently to anything else and actually it wasn't bad but it had a little too much oil drizzled over.

No however we have been to Spain this weekend and chef cooked the aubergine completely differently to anything else and actually it wasn't bad but it had a little too much oil drizzled over.
I know you went to Spain <jealous>. Aubergines soak up end exude oil like nothing else. But if you treat them carefully they are a delight.

I know you went to Spain <jealous>. Aubergines soak up end exude oil like nothing else. But if you treat them carefully they are a delight.

I think that may be the issue that the ones I had tried were soggy, these were not. I don't like a lot of oil poured onto food.

Back
Top Bottom