What influenced your love of cooking?

@Dados1950 I've enjoyed cooking much more since I retired. I doubt if any of my recipes are "restaurant quality" but I am much more critical now when I go out for a meal, and takeaways have become a definite no-no, except for the odd emergency.
Same in our house, we perhaps have a take away pizza once a year. If we find ourselves unable to cook then we are much more likely to go to the local pub for a meal.

Same in our house, we perhaps have a take away pizza once a year. If we find ourselves unable to cook then we are much more likely to go to the local pub for a meal.
Both our local pubs which used to do half decent food have closed down. In fact one has been pulled down. A KFC drive through has been built in its place :sick: - even the mutt won't eat anything from there! The other one was converted into a McDonalds drive through several years ago, and it is quite good, although I have only ever had free food from there using the coupons which we get posted through the door from time to time. Half way in between them is a Turkish restaurant, which opened at the same time as the KFC. I don't need to tell you which one gets packed out :laugh:

For a period of time, my grandmother wasn't living with us. My mother's idea of cooking was mostly fast food burger joints. When I went to college, I was on my own. I had a little cooking experience from camping out. I"m self taught and learned from my mistakes, by eating what I made, no matter how bad it was. With that motivation, I improved very quickly!:ohmy: So originally, cooking was a matter of necessity and not "love". The "love" started with my days working in Louisiana and from my underwater hunting. It just blossomed from there. Our trips to Italy got us into the regional cuisine there and combined with our adventurous attitude in eating, here we are.:D

Back
Top Bottom