What is your favorite thing to grill?

L_B

Veteran
Local time
2:33 PM
BBQ season is just around the corner here and has probably already started for others. Food always tastes so much better on the bbq. What is your favorite thing to bbq? I am looking for some ideas to use when we go camping this summer.

I have many favorites to grill but the number in the list is the pork belly. We have trained our housemaid how to grill the slices properly so the rind will be crispy to the bite and the meat is tender but juicy. We marinade it in a simple concoction of crushed garlic, vinegar and salt for 1 hour at least before grilling on the charcoal. And the best match for it is mussel soup which is very easy to cook - sauteed with onions and garlic plus fish sauce. Be sure to have a lot of rice when we have this dish for lunch.

I don.t eat pork except spare ribs. I love BBQ spare ribs. My daughter has started grilling vegetables, which I like also. I think anything grilled taste better. Charcoal grill, the gas grills have no flavor to them.

Reactions: L_B
We have trained our housemaid how to grill the slices properly
Each to their own but where's the fun in that ? Surely half the pleasure of a BBQ is doing the cooking.
the gas grills have no flavor to them.
+ 1 for that - might as well just cook on the stove in the kitchen and take the food outside as use gas.
PS - If you've not tried them bananas grilled with a little brown sugar are nice

My favorite thing to barbecue would be steak. I don't have it very often though. I t usually ends up being hamburgers. hotdogs or chicken. Almost anything can be grilled however, even pizza. I think it would be fun to grill a pizza, and I am going to try it this year I think. I also like grilled fruit, peaches, pineapple or others. These are also some good things to grill.

Gosh I grill everything. Love to grill foods! I love to marinate foods and grill mostly I guess. I have a few recipes that are my favorites.

this is a favorite for salmon

Allrecipes - Aytom

Servings 4

Ingredients
¼ cup balsamic vinegar

¼ cup lemon juice

¼ cup soy sauce

1 tablespoon brown sugar

1 ½ teaspoon ground ginger (or 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger)

1 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon black pepper

1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

4 cloves garlic, minced

¼ cup chopped green onions

1 teaspoon sesame oil

1/3 cup oil, such as olive, canola etc.

8 4oz. or 4 8oz salmon fillets

Directions:

1. Stir balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and soy sauce with salt, brown sugar, ground ginger, paprika, pepper, and red pepper flakes until the salt has dissolved. Stir in garlic, green onions, sesame oil, and peanut oil until well combined.

2. Pour marinade into a resealable plastic bag or glass bowl. Add salmon to marinade and gently toss to coat. Place into refrigerator and marinate 2 to 24 hours.

3. Prepare an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.

4. Drain excess marinade from salmon fillets. Grill until firm and opaque, about 4 minutes per side.

Attachments

• 20150405_180955.jpg
    20150405_180955.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 248
for veggies You could mix this marinade in a gallon bag or two, and leave it until you are ready to use it. prep the veggies and put into separate bags then at the appropriate time marinate and then grill. You won't be sorry! Loads of flavor

http://www.copymethat.com/r/EPw8bUX/citrus-and-herb-marinade-for-vegetables/

for Chicken I like to marinate in this for about 2 hours. YUM! and also leftovers are really good in a salad.

http://www.copymethat.com/r/fpFLpVp/grilled-provencal-chicken-breasts/

Make chicken burgers. slice the breast in half (butterfly style). Season and grill top with pepper jack cheese, use guacamole in place of mayo. sliced onions lettuce what ever toppers you want. YUMMY!

Each to their own but where's the fun in that ? Surely half the pleasure of a BBQ is doing the cooking.

You are right on that fun but it's no fun to grill on charcoal during summer. Besides, we normally grill pork belly for lunch so you can imagine the heat in the backyard. Sometimes we even have an electric fan to somehow lessen the heat. But anyway, we always do the finishing touches. When the pork belly turns a bit brown, my husband takes over the grilling to be sure of the crispy rind which is the attraction of the dish.

Thank you everybody for all the great ideas. I can't wait to set up the bbq for another season. If I was able to I would bbq all year long but I don't have a place where I can bbq through the winter months. We usually only do it when we are camping.

It's going to be fish and I honestly have not grilled any in a while. I have never grilled anything on the big grill because my husband considers himself to be chef in that department so when I do grill fish it's with the small electrical grill. It's not the same flavour but I am usually happy with the results.

Back
Top Bottom