What is your favorite thing to grill?

During the hot but enjoyable long lazy summer, with our family, it is a tradition to have family cookouts in the backyard.
It helps keep the kitchen cool and no one is overly exhausted. :wink:

Butterflied leg of lamb studded with garlic and rosemary,finished with honey,with marinated Mediterranean vegetables and parcels of garlic new potatoes

Butterflied leg of lamb studded with garlic and rosemary,finished with honey,with marinated Mediterranean vegetables and parcels of garlic new potatoes

Wow! sounds Fantasic! no one here is a lamb fan but those seasonings sound so complimentary! I will have to try this next time I get a good piece of lamb to cook.

@Corzhens I do agree that pork belly is one of the best meals done on the grill.
Crispy skin pork belly is amazing! It's one of my favorite things to eat. However, I also cook that in my oven so that isn't just for the grill. I prefer to make smokey pork chops on the grill. I regularly just do a one pot thing on the grill when I fire it up. Onions, carrots, potatos along side pork chops and some shrimps for good measure! I also doing fresh fish roasted in foil!

Hot dogs is a big hit when we grill. Nothing says summer like bbq hot dogs. Of course that's not the only thing we grill. My favorite is chicken and steak, but we grill hamburgers, potatoes, vegetables, ribs, pork chops and corn on the cob. I've never grilled shrimp before and I LOVE shrimp, I'll have to give that a try. In the summers especially, to keep the kitchen cool, we cook everything out there. If there's something that needs to be put on the stove top, we have one on the bbq so that's not a problem.

Hot dogs is a big hit when we grill. Nothing says summer like bbq hot dogs. Of course that's not the only thing we grill. My favorite is chicken and steak, but we grill hamburgers, potatoes, vegetables, ribs, pork chops and corn on the cob. I've never grilled shrimp before and I LOVE shrimp, I'll have to give that a try. In the summers especially, to keep the kitchen cool, we cook everything out there. If there's something that needs to be put on the stove top, we have one on the bbq so that's not a problem.

I have to have my hot dogs boiled, on account I can't have a whole lot of salt. I'm on a low-salt diet.

I hear ya there Shermie. I too am very low sodium. Have you checked out Trader Joe's Uncured, no nitrites No nitrates I don't remember how much sodium per dog there is though. shoot now I gotta go back to TJ's and read that package. LOL

I love grilling vegetables! Onions, peppers, bok choy, and cauliflower steaks taste amazing off the grill. Sweet potatoes too. Another thing I love over an open flame is pineapple. The slight charring just adds something the acid of the fruit and makes it utterly delectable.

Back
Top Bottom