What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needed some LED bulbs for my latest motorcycle restoration [an experiment] so decided to order some cheap ones from China. I only needed 5 so a pack of 10 for less than £2 seemed a good buy :). four weeks later - no bulbs :( so ordered [another supplier] 10 more :) four weeks and no bulbs :mad: so ordered another ten - yep - now I have 30 bulbs :eek: - ho hum at least I have a few spares :laugh:

One of our colleagues and his wife moved over here from Zimbabwe many years ago, he was telling us today about their first meditteranean holiday it was Greece just outside Kos, apparently there was a lot of toplessness 'I couldn't believe it boobies everywhere' :eek: he then went on to tell us a very funny story, N is a fsntastic story teller and had us in tears :roflmao:

Needed some LED bulbs for my latest motorcycle restoration [an experiment] so decided to order some cheap ones from China. I only needed 5 so a pack of 10 for less than £2 seemed a good buy :). four weeks later - no bulbs :( so ordered [another supplier] 10 more :) four weeks and no bulbs :mad: so ordered another ten - yep - now I have 30 bulbs :eek: - ho hum at least I have a few spares :laugh:
If they're anything like the last cheap LED bulbs I bought from China you will have used up the spares in no time.

Quality seems to vary - couple of indicators lasted almost exactly 15 seconds - others are still going strong 18 months later. At the price though - who cares :happy:

It doesn't make me smile but it does make me mad. For two years now my IoM/Jersey bank have been writing to me asking for proof of my address. It is the same address to which they send cheque books, card readers (2), access cards (2) (both by courier) and to which they have been sending statements for the last 18 years. They have now accepted that if I return the original of the last letter that they sent to me, that would be acceptable.

Let's hope the postal service isn't too slow. The last letter received may not be the last letter sent!

Actually that is another gripe. The bank, in their wisdom (or effort to save a few pence) sends their mail via an outfit in Belgium who pride themselves on their "high performance standards in international airfreight services.". Given that it was posted on the same date as the letter was dated, it took 30 days to get here (The Royal Mail normally takes 7 - 10 days). Has anyone noticed that many official letters do not now have a dated postmark?

Oh, and the DWP also dispatch their correspondence via companies on the continent, again adding to the time for it to reach it's destination.

We are on holiday in Kos and this morning whilst in town we saw a lady of retirement age riding a powerful looking motorbike. My kind of granny :highfive:

Ice-cream seller in Whitstable:

20180419_152403.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom