What made you smile recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some bad experiences over the years...many years ago...now, my partner is very keen and energetic, and we have more time now to give to training, exercising, etc...as far as our furniture goes, it is all old and well used so we don't care about that...I've done worse to it than any animal could have...lol

I need to stop reading last posts first, then reading back.

Out of context, this post is very interesting by itself. :wink:

I shouldn't laugh but it was a picture sadly I didn't manage to capture it on 'film' or is it 'in pixels' now?

It is very difficult to train people to stop using the terms filming, or taping.

We simply record things now, or possibly DVR them, although it is really done on a digital audio and video recorder. The audio data is embedded in the video, so it gets overlooked.

Capture or shoot for photos still works.

Capture or shoot for photos still works.
I was film for a very long time, longer than I have been digital. I just wish my digital pictures had the same order to them that my film ones do! I must, really must, sit down and catalogue them again. I got out of the habit 5 years ago after the end of our tour. I still file them, but they need a good sorting through. It's going ot have to happen sooner rather than later because periodically my computer is now complaining it is out of disk space on the Data drive. It hardly matters because the OS is on another partition and my page files are static sizes. I have disabled hibernation mode, so that won't take up file space, but even so, it does mean that I need to have a clear out yet again. Perhaps it is time to delete some of my pictures from my world tour? They are backed up on many other places, so its not like they are gone, they are just not immediately available...

I've just taken one of the chicks outside to see what the big wide world is about. It didn't like it. But it did like the grass it found an knew it could eat it. So I have cut some up and brought it in and scattered it over the soil area of the converted wardrobe the chicks live in... there is now mayhem and lots of excited twittering going on.... I think they may sleep well very shortly!

What made me smile was getting down to the lake club and taking my boat out for a spin today.
After working 16 hours Friday, and 17 last night, I really needed to sleep. But the marina called and said they got my boat back in the water yesterday, and this being a holiday weekend here (Memorial day is Monday, in honor of those who've fallen in service to our country) and it's supposed to rain tomorrow, I dragged my butt out of bed and down to the marina with my wife and son in tow.
The water was still a bit too cold to swim, but we had a nice time fishing. My wife caught her first crappie and a bluegill, and my son was reeling them in by the minute when I left. (I have to be back at work by 8).

"Hallo, this is the incontinence hotline - can you hold?"
default_wacko.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom