What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2024)?

Can you resist opening them...thinking it should sit on a shelf for another 20 years. Or until Armageddon No no I meant they look like collection items!
No, I won't open these, and yes, I did buy them as collectors items.
I got two and I'm seriously considering sending one to my younger sister, even though we do not communicate any longer.

Mozzarella di Bufala from Campania, I look forward to eating it at lunch!

IMG_4827.jpeg

Back from the UK, and this time, I made it very clear to Mrs KKA that my stuff came first, and her multiple quantities of clothes, coats, jackets, sweaters, blouses, shoes, etc. came second. :D :D Even so, there were 3 or 4 shirts that are 20 odd years old, but since they're
Ralph Lauren, or Boss, or Ermenegilda wotsisname, they got dumped in the suitcase.And there's me trying to downsize:cool:.
So first of all, cheese. From left to right: Colston Bassett Stilton, Red Leicester, Somerset Goat's cheese, raw milk Camembert, 36 month aged Cheddar and P{ont LÉvecque, which smells like the inside of Bobby Charlton's football boots and tastes of hsupereaven.
Then there were a few uniquely British delights: horseradish sauce, loose leaf tea from Sainsbugs, and marmite, plus two bottles of single malt scotch - the Talisker is slightly smoky and the Singleton is from Speyside.
Finally, a top up for my Indian cuisine: extra hot chile powder, Indian bay leaves (they're actually leaves from the cinnamon tree), coriander seeds, green peppercorns (not Indian, but I bought them anyway), black cardamom seeds, saffron and "gold dust".
* An interesting note . When I bought the scotch and left the supermarket, the alarm sounded, so I stopped dead in my tracks, turned round to the Security Guard and said: "Oi!! The alarm sounded!"
"No problem sir, just carry on".
Then I went into Sainsbugs and bought another bottle, and as I went out, the alarm sounded yet again. Stopped, waved on, went home. When I took the bottle out of its box today, it's still got the magnetic anti-theft tag on it. :hyper::hyper::hyper:
"I paid for it, guvner, honest, got the receipt, mate!!":hyper::hyper::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
View attachment 112462View attachment 112463View attachment 112464
Now thats the sort of suitcase I like ❤️
Great choices.

An excellent selection of goodies. What do you use the 'gold dust' for?
Mostly decoration for sweets, but it looks pretty stunning on a white Korma!

You use it in cake decorating as well. I used it and silver dust for ex SIL's groom's cake for the Chevy logo, that's what he wanted 🤷‍♀️ and when I made the traveling Tardis cake with the multi colored tornado/topsy-turvy cake base for 1 of my DGDs. I used a toy tardis, actually it was an adult toy and a bit expensive, so also doubled as part of birthday gifts, for a topper.

Dot’s and Kroger, Centerville Ohio:

IMG_8069.jpeg

These are the first strawberries that have looked ok, but I know it’s a chance I’m taking.

Interested in that dipping mustard as well, not had that before.

IMG_8070.jpeg

My lasagna recipe says I need 15 noodles. I was looking at the box, trying to determine how many it might hold, so I googled it and Google told me the very helpful answer of “12-15,” so I bought two boxes. 😒

IMG_8071.jpeg

Chuck roast on sale.

IMG_8072.jpeg

Oh, the deli. Not everyone will get this, but for those who know what I’m referencing, remember the Tim Conway character he used to do on the Carol Burnett, the painfully slow old man?

The lone deli worker at Kroger was that guy’s slower brother.

When I walked up, he was just handing off one order, and about to start the order of the next guy, then it would be my turn. No one else waiting.

“Ok, sir, what can I get you? <wheeeez>”
“Uh, yeah, I’d like 3/4 pound of ham, 3/4 pound of turkey, and 3/4 pound of Swiss cheese, all sliced thin.”

(Deli man looks around)

“Hold on a minute… <wheeeeez> …I gotta find my notepad… <wheeeez> …to write it down…”

(Hobbles off on a trip around the deli, looking for his notepad, finds it, hobbles back)

“Now let’s see…that was three pounds of the turk… <wheeez>”
“No, 3/4 pound of the turkey, 3/4 pound of ham, 3/4 pound of Swiss cheese, all sliced thin.”
“Hold on… <wheeeeeeez> …this pencil’s dull… <wheeeeeez> …lemmee go find another one…”

As soon as I saw that, I started timing him. It took 23 minutes from the time I started watching the clock to when he finished with that guy and got to me.

By that time, a line of about five other people had formed behind me, and the woman directly behind me, watching all of this, she was almost apoplectic, with a, “Oh good lord!” and “Oh my god, what now?!” every 15 seconds, and she’d step off on one foot like she was going to walk away, but then she’d step back and say, “Can you believe this guy?! Oh lord have mercy!”

I was in a good mood, so I didn’t care, and I knew the woman behind me wasn’t going to be too kind when it was her turn, so when I got my stuff, I said, “Don, thank you, I appreciate you getting all that for me,” and he gave me a little wink and pointed his finger at me and said, “Right back atcha!” :laugh:

IMG_8073.jpeg

I found myself at that same Walmart and JAS_OH1 I found a floor supervisor, pointed out the recalled ground cinnamon and he did remove them from the display rack; told me that he would bring this up with the store manager and thank me!!!
IMG_3861.JPG

... and yes, I had to buy another loaf of Italian Bread - DH ate the whole dang thing already!

IMG_3862.JPG

IMG_3863.JPG

Speaking of Kroger's aka Fry's Deli, there was such a long line waiting to be served, that I went for the pre-packaged stuff instead.
This heat `n eat meal will be dinner tonight. It was on sale, cheap, never tried it before, if I get thumbs up, I'll go back and get a couple for the deep freeze.

Back
Top Bottom