What time do you prefer to get up in the morning?

Just wait a month.
If you don't want to wait, it isn't even noon and we are at 92.
29C has already been recorded this morning, Lossiemouth in Scotland! But that's shade temperature.

You could have saved yourself a lot of time and energy here since you are arguing a different point and one that I didn't raise. I was talking about cold drinks and I see that you can't debate that point any further since I nailed it!

:highfive:

Yes I dislike humidity - makes movement more laboured.

I have only recently become more heat savvy, e.g. to draw the curtains when it is hot outside - keeps the room cool but I daresay you would dislike this tip being into light in a big way! :okay: A wet (wrung out) towel, pegged onto a clothes hanger and placed in an opened window also cools.

I have several ways of keeping cool when out and about, e.g. asking for a glass of water in a pub (they always oblige) and ask if I want ice! After the drink I keep an icecube to rub on my wrists (I don't care about looking odd!) I always keep a small spray bottle filled with water (something I started when I went through the menopause. I keep it in the fridge prior to going out). It's such a boon to be able to spray it on my face and hair, to cool down, e.g. on a hot bus! When buying an ice lolly, I have been known to place my hands on the ice within the freezer! Ha - what a joy it is to be a carefree eccentric!
rolleyespink.gif

I have recently bought a small spray bottle so I can put some perfume into it from a big bottle to take on holiday, your usage of cold water is a great idea, I may need that instead of perfume.

I have recently bought a small spray bottle so I can put some perfume into it from a big bottle to take on holiday, your usage of cold water is a great idea, I may need that instead of perfume.
I also adopted that method during the menopause. Its very handy...

I have problems sleeping so I get up when I wake up and go to bed when I feel tired. My body clock seems to work on a 20 hour day basis, of which 4 hours is sleep. At the weekends I can go all weekend without sleep if there's motor racing on :D

P.S. When it's hot, I drink lots of hot tea.

When it gets hot here after midday I drink a cold beer. If that doesn't work, I drink another, and another ad infinitum. By 17:00 I do not even know whether I'm hot or not!

Back
Top Bottom