What type of skewer do you use and why?

Also, they're disposable so there are less dishes to do once all the fun is done.
Its funny how people see the same thing in different ways :happy: ....coz for me the fact that they are disposable and can only be used once is a disadvantage rather than an advantage. In general I try really hard not to buy things throw-away things - I'd much rather have something which can be used again and again.

Well, certainly the disposable side is certainly good! Are you using them on a barbecue or under a grill (broiler in the US) or how?

I've never used them for anything other than cooking outside on, what I would call, my grill. I assume that's what you're calling a barbecue. Where I live barbecue is the type of food, not what we cook it on.

I've tried using wooden skewers but no matter how long I soak them they still burn :(

My wife uses the wooden ones as I've said. She appears to be able to use them under the grill (electric) without burning them. I'm not even sure if she even soaks them.

pork kebabs 2.jpg

Pork kebabs.

Hi Mike. Welcome from Permian Basin Texas.
If you would be a sweetheart and please start a thread about barbecue it would be appreciated.
Or if you have a good brisket recipe, we will love you forever.

I've never used them for anything other than cooking outside on, what I would call, my grill. I assume that's what you're calling a barbecue. Where I live barbecue is the type of food, not what we cook it on.
Yes - that's right! I guess there is more chance to cook outdoors where you are! Its raining here right now and it was all day yesterday...oh and the day before! We have another member in Texas: @Cinisajoy see post above. She recently started a thread:Things to do in Texas - you might want to join in on that!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom