What will you be watching on TV tonight (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight, I'm going to be watching a recording of today's West Ham European League game, and probably "Chicago Fire" or "Chicago PD".

Night before last it was a Britmas evening - I watched holiday episodes of “To the Manor Born,” “The Good Life,” “Blackadder,” and “Mr Bean” - the “Have you got the turkey on?” scene from that last one has to be one of the funniest things ever aired.

Saddened, though, to learn that Angela Thorne (Marjory Frobisher on TTMB, Audrey’s saint of a best friend) passed away earlier this year - wonderful performer with quite a range.

Night before last it was a Britmas evening - I watched holiday episodes of “To the Manor Born,” “The Good Life,” “Blackadder,” and “Mr Bean” - the “Have you got the turkey on?” scene from that last one has to be one of the funniest things ever aired.

Saddened, though, to learn that Angela Thorne (Marjory Frobisher on TTMB, Audrey’s saint of a best friend) passed away earlier this year - wonderful performer with quite a range.

Do you get goggle box there? We have our granddaughter hooked on it now.
The silence of the lambs was hilarious.

Russ

Do you get goggle box there? We have our granddaughter hooked on it now.
The silence of the lambs was hilarious.

Russ
We don’t have that here, but I’ve heard of it. I doubt I would like it, regardless of whether I found it funny or not. I’m somewhat fundamentally opposed to most forms of “reality” TV. I don’t want to see “real” people doing anything. I want to see paid professional actors. :laugh:

We don’t have that here, but I’ve heard of it. I doubt I would like it, regardless of whether I found it funny or not. I’m somewhat fundamentally opposed to most forms of “reality” TV. I don’t want to see “real” people doing anything. I want to see paid professional actors. :laugh:

I think you would relate to Giles and mary.
In fact I can see you as Giles.
They are really funny and I also relate to him. They call each other nutty.
Giggle it.

Russ

After Shaun of the Sheep, we watched Disney’s animated “A Christmas Carol,” the one with Jim Carrey.

She was a lovely lovely person. There‘s a good quite old interview somewhere of them all talking about their time on to manor born and she comes across just as she really is.

Maybe I'll have time, and be able to find A Christmas Carol, with George C Scott. I usually watch that every year.

The Bill Murray version, called Scrooged, is good, too, but in a very different way. :laugh:

CD

Maybe I'll have time, and be able to find A Christmas Carol, with George C Scott. I usually watch that every year.

The Bill Murray version, called Scrooged, is good, too, but in a very different way. :laugh:

CD
I like that one also.

CD
Alistair Sim’s Scrooge all the way for me, but not that absolately hideous coloured in version oh no no no, only the original black and white will do.

Mind you The Wizard of Oz was on every Christmas when I was growing up, I still like to watch that and the Royal Insitutes Christmas Lectures every year so I’m not sure my Christmas tastes have matured!

Oh and no British Christmas is complete without Carols at Kings.
Kings College Cambridge Chapel are the sweetest carol sounds anyone could hope for and that’s coming from a non believer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom