What will you be watching on TV tonight (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We watched an episode of “Still Game” on Netflix (a couple of older gents going about their daily business in Scotland).

Tonight’s episode included a hilariously long and detailed description of what it’s like for one of the more aged gentlemen to use the restroom, starting with, “First I take my 🐓 out, see…” and it went downhill from there. :laugh:
He has a rooster? :giggle:

I’ve just watched a handful of Christmas cooking videos on YT of Fanny Cradock. How have I never heard of this woman before?!?!

Fanny Craddock was probably Britain's first TV chef. A no nonsense style, with Johnny, her husband/slave sitting in the corner getting sozzled on red wine.
The first video that I saw, when the camera opened on her, I thought, “This has to be a parody,” but no, she was real. :laugh:

The first video that I saw, when the camera opened on her, I thought, “This has to be a parody,” but no, she was real. :laugh:

I just looked her up on YouTube, and watched a "highlights" video. :ohmy::laugh:

At one point, she made a French style omelet, plated it, and covered it with a thick layer of confectioners sugar. :eek:

CD

Nooo, Fanny Cradock was an institution on British TV until about 1976. Everything French, mind you; she was obsessed with Auguste Escoffier and even claimed that Yorkshire Pudding was originally French!

She was utterly terrifying. Like some lunatic aunty having a manic episode over baking a cake.
The sort you’d be told not to get another sherry for 😂
After watching three hours of her, I must admit…I’m weirdly attracted to her, like some kind of sexy mime, what with those painted-on eyebrows and all! :laugh:

I’m currently watching the episode of The Big Time that ended poor Fanny’s career. I’m currently rooting for dear Aunt Fan over that horrible farmer’s wife. :laugh:

At one point, she made a French style omelet, plated it, and covered it with a thick layer of confectioners sugar. :eek:
I once ate at a Hungarian-owned German restaurant (here in Cincy) - it was by far my favorite German restaurant here - and I was served an omelette that was filled (and I mean filled) with sweetened cream cheese mixed with bits of goetta.

The taste of that first bite was…unexpected, but it grew on me rapidly.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear, was your nanny a bit strict? 😂

Naw, it's much simpler than that...

1702496173518.png

CD

Oh dear oh dear oh dear, was your nanny a bit strict? 😂
It must be something to do with older women in authority positions. :laugh:

You know… 🤔 …when I was a small boy, there was a librarian, Mrs. Frist, at our local library, who threatened to spank my bottom “the next time you bring back an overdue book, little mister!” - would you believe she did?!

That must be where it started, because my instances of overdue books tripled. :laugh:

It must be something to do with older women in authority positions. :laugh:

You know… 🤔 …when I was a small boy, there was a librarian, Mrs. Frist, at our local library, who threatened to spank my bottom “the next time you bring back an overdue book, little mister!” - would you believe she did?!

That must be where it started, because my instances of overdue books tripled. :laugh:
Ah I see.
A naughty boy who dreams of being sent to the headmistress.
You probably are British 😂

You probably are British 😂
Well, let’s examine the facts:

1. I prefer tea to coffee
2. I don’t mind rain
3. I secretly like being disappointed
4. I apologize for everything
5. I want Fanny Cradock to humiliate me publicly for daring to serve duck with a bramble sauce

Hmmm…you might be right! 🇬🇧 👑 🏰🌧️🦔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom