What would you consider a gadget?

Cinisajoy

Veteran
Local time
11:41 PM
A thread over on Mobileread got me to thinking about this.
I was wondering what you have in your kitchen that would be a gadget?
And would you consider small appliances gadgets since most of them do one thing?

And would you consider small appliances gadgets since most of them do one thing?

Usually, my reference to gadgets are the hand-operated gizmos that you'd used to open cans, jars, peel veggies & fruit, graters, mandolin slicers, things of that nature. :wink:

Is what you're getting it for doable by hand, only slower. If so, it's a gadget. This in the kitchen sense.

Yeah, you don't want something that will create an astronomical amount of time trying to clean it up! :mad:

Some gadgets take more time to do a job than just doing it by hand. :headshake::stop:
Spud peelers, require cleaning after use. But so do their manual counterparts, where you did the peeling and then drying.

Spud peelers, require cleaning after use. But so do their manual counterparts, where you did the peeling and then drying.
Yes but that is a quick clean, not take a dozen pieces apart and clean them.

Presto Potato Peeler..png

I once had THIS worthless thing. A Presto potato peeler.

Now, most of their stuff IS good, but THIS was the pits!!

It ate up most of the potatoes & still, you had to clean out the eyes by hand!

And you had to hold the thing down while in use because it shook violently on the countertop while in use!! Junk!! :mad:

Do you guys not use a Y shaped peeler? Its much easy to hold the the one pictured above and has the bonus of easily producing 'mandolin style' thin ribbons of vegetables, should you need.
000185426-2.jpeg

courgette-b7c90p.jpg

Back
Top Bottom