What's the longest you've gone without cooking?

As far as I can remember it took me more than six months eating unhealthy and processed food. I felt guilty for letting my body down. This had forced me to learn how to cook. I am not trained even as a cook so basically I do everything on my own. I am thankful that we have online resources to teach us how to go about cooking healthy food.

the past 12 days have not cooked at all ,normally we go to gites in France and cook for friends and family,but we just ate out !!! this time in the sun

How did it feel to have twelve days off from the kitchen? Is gites a place? It must have been a nice to dine out in different places all those times. Did you have a favorite place or a favorite meal? I still think about this one place I ate at in Spain five years ago. I hope to go there again some day.

As far as I can remember it took me more than six months eating unhealthy and processed food. I felt guilty for letting my body down. This had forced me to learn how to cook. I am not trained even as a cook so basically I do everything on my own. I am thankful that we have online resources to teach us how to go about cooking healthy food.

I have learned the hard way that unhealthy and processed food is never a good idea. Eating that stuff not only causes weight gain, it's the quickest path to getting sick. All that starch and sugar and the preservatives contributes to the growth of candida.

How did it feel to have twelve days off from the kitchen? Is gites a place? It must have been a nice to dine out in different places all those times. Did you have a favorite place or a favorite meal? I still think about this one place I ate at in Spain five years ago. I hope to go there again some day.
Gites is a generic French word for holiday accomadation a old barn or converted property often full of charm and character ,
We eat in 2 star restaurants to oysters on the harbour wall ,fresh breads and preserves for breakfast ,cheeses of all sorts,
We have the opportunity to go down to my brother in laws villa near Valencia in the autumn ,and the food is really traditional and rustic,
Also we have just returned from Zante Greece staying in the hills and the food was great ,eat with the locals ,

I have learned the hard way that unhealthy and processed food is never a good idea. Eating that stuff not only causes weight gain, it's the quickest path to getting sick. All that starch and sugar and the preservatives contributes to the growth of candida.
Yes I know and I think candida had a little party going on inside my gut for some time and I think that would explain why came to know about the probiotics. My doctor would not want to prescribe me any medicine because he could not rule out yet what is causing my gut problem but I can not just sit there and wait. I decided to do my own research and found out that probiotics might help. I took them and gladly I was cured. I am not certain if candida is the cause but revisiting my poor health habits and diet I think I fed them with sugar and carbs

Yes I know and I think candida had a little party going on inside my gut for some time and I think that would explain why came to know about the probiotics. My doctor would not want to prescribe me any medicine because he could not rule out yet what is causing my gut problem but I can not just sit there and wait. I decided to do my own research and found out that probiotics might help. I took them and gladly I was cured. I am not certain if candida is the cause but revisiting my poor health habits and diet I think I fed them with sugar and carbs

Probiotics are my friend! My mother gave me something recently that I now swear by- GSE. It's a grapefruit seed extract from NutriBiotic. I put a few drops in my bottled water and sip it until it's gone and it helps keep the candida monster under control. I also discovered a sparkling probiotic drink from Kevita I really like quite by accident. It comes in a number of flavors, and it helps clear your gut of excess, er, waste. (The kind that causes bloat.)

Gites is a generic French word for holiday accomadation..,
Also we have just returned from Zante Greece staying in the hills and the food was great ,eat with the locals ,

Sounds lovely! I used to travel a lot more when I was younger. I'm overdue for a get away, though I have a childhood friend coming to town in a few weeks whom I haven't seen in decades. I'll have to settle for that for now as I have a few things I need to take care of at home, including replacing my car (sigh).

If I had a husband I would have a reason to cook more. I would likely cook a lot of food on my day off and then put it in the fridge for the days ahead until my next day off - I get two, but they are not together so it would work out. I enjoy cooking, but when I am only cooking for myself I will often skip it in favor of something simple that won't take much time to prepare.

This is what I do, I mainly cook easy to prepare meals nowadays. I think if I had a different kitchen I might be inspired to cook, but right now I'm content to do the minimum, although I still salivate over the lovely recipes in magazines and online.

This is what I do, I mainly cook easy to prepare meals nowadays. I think if I had a different kitchen I might be inspired to cook, but right now I'm content to do the minimum, although I still salivate over the lovely recipes in magazines and online.

I can relate! When I catch a good cooking show on TV I immediately look for the web site online and check out the list of recipes. I have a bunch of Pinterest boards as well with foods I want to try or information on using ingredients I am not as familiar with. The saute pan is my best friend, lol. Once I am all caught up with everything again I'll go back to shopping at the farmer's market and prepping things all at once. It's the chopping that takes up all the time, not the actual cooking.

I've gone about a month because I was moving and all of my cooking ware was packed up and getting moved.
I remember eating out every day and night. I must have gained at least 20 pounds during that time.

The only time I did not cook was after I got my babies. That spelt two weeks out of the kitchen during which my husband had to take over preparing family meals.

I've gone about a month because I was moving and all of my cooking ware was packed up and getting moved.
I remember eating out every day and night. I must have gained at least 20 pounds during that time.

Wow! Eating out twice a day must also have been very expensive. I haven't cooked in months, but I just get lots of fruit (which is best in the extreme heat we have had) and stuff I can prepare easily without having to do a lot of chopping and so forth before I can begin put a dish or meal together. I do like to treat myself to sushi from time to time though.

The only time I did not cook was after I got my babies. That spelt two weeks out of the kitchen during which my husband had to take over preparing family meals.

Well, at least you had your husband there to do the cooking. In some households the men do most of the cooking so that is not all that unusual. It's single people who have the challenge of what they are going to eat that's good and good for them when they haven't much time to cook. Did you prepare and freeze things in advance of your delivery to make things easier?

When I was in college I didn't cook for a week because it was exam week that time and I had to hustle. I slept in the library a lot and when I went back to my condo I just ate instant Pho and noodles. I like instant Pho because their rice noodles isn't as sweet as the egg noodle types they sell for ramen. I also ate a lot of canned food that I'm not proud of like spam and Spanish sardines, they're salty as hell.

When I was in college I didn't cook for a week because it was exam week that time and I had to hustle. I slept in the library a lot and when I went back to my condo I just ate instant Pho and noodles. I like instant Pho because their rice noodles isn't as sweet as the egg noodle types they sell for ramen. I also ate a lot of canned food that I'm not proud of like spam and Spanish sardines, they're salty as hell.

I didn't know there was such a thing as instant pho! I usually keep vegetable stock on hand in case I don't have any of my own prepared. I usually have bean thread noodles on hand as well, but it's been too darn hot to even think about soup! I'm going to have to stock up for winter because soup will be something good to take to work. It's going to be rough outside when the cold weather kicks in!

Back
Top Bottom