What's this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a gripper for handling hot (spicy) chillis?

To remove the membrane and the seeds?

It's a gripper for handling hot (spicy) chillis?

To remove the membrane and the seeds?

Right on the second count!

20180910_142343.jpg

20180910_142347.jpg

It works very well ...it is a bit 'size dependent' though.

I rarely remove either the membrane or the seeds so I was unlikely to get it without your clue. I removed the seeds from the stuffed chillis but they went back in with the stuffing.

I rarely remove either the membrane or the seeds so I was unlikely to get it without your clue. I removed the seeds from the stuffed chillis but they went back in with the stuffing.

Its only for use with stuffed chillies really. Which is why I referred to that post of yours. Theres no point otherwise as its easy to remove the seeds by slicing the chilli. So its an easy way to hollow out the chillies and leave them whole for stuffing and of course one can add the seeds back in the stuffing.

It works very well ...it is a bit 'size dependent' though.

Don't even think about reacting to that, @buckytom! :giggle:

My mother was a legal secretary. One day her boss mentioned that his 18 year old son was dating a 25 year old woman. My mom replied, how many times does 18 go into 25? His reply, that is what I'm worried about.:whistling:

Its only for use with stuffed chillies really. Which is why I referred to that post of yours. Theres no point otherwise as its easy to remove the seeds by slicing the chilli. So its an easy way to hollow out the chillies and leave them whole for stuffing and of course one can add the seeds back in the stuffing.

However..........

Our chillis range from about 150 mm long and 25mm diameter to 20mm long and 5mm diameter. You'd need a few differing sizes.

However..........

Our chillis range from about 150 mm long and 25mm diameter to 20mm long and 5mm diameter. You'd need a few differing sizes.

Of course, you'd be pushed to stuff a 20mm long x 5mm diameter prik kee noo.

prik kee noo s.jpg

I think the 'reamer' tool is OK for removing seeds from most chillies unless their diameter is smaller than the tool, if you see what I mean.

Have we got a new 'What's That'?

I think the 'reamer' tool is OK for removing seeds from most chillies unless their diameter is smaller than the tool, if you see what I mean.

Have we got a new 'What's That'?

Yes, try and keep up.

^^^^^ post #684.

I'm guessing that everyone has at least a few of these in the house. I have around 250.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom