What's your fave entree and main?

Also wanted to mention Re the lobster scampi, I cut back on the garlic, but you can make it to your personal taste.

For starters/appetizers, before a big meal I like to keep it simple, and try to cut back on carb/bready dishes.

Holiday time, stuffed Belgian endive are festive and pretty. You can stuff them with any number of things, for example chopped pears, blue cheese and walnuts or pecans, or seafood salad, chicken salad with cranberries etcetera.

Chicken marsala over capellini/angel hair pasta is another favorite.

Last edited:
I don't have a favorite "entrée/starter course". Probably a Caesar salad with home made croutons.

My main course would have to be a 28 day dry aged Bone in Tomahawk Rib Eye with baked potato.

FullSizeRender_zpsiwguirle.jpg
20140726_182342_zpss4rkqvbk.jpg

In nz if you take a t bone steak, the big part of the steak we call porterhouse and the other side of the bone the meat is called the fillet, or eye fillet. I buy whole fillets and cut into 2 inch steaks.

Russ

Here, Porterhouses and T-Bones are almost the same cut except a Porterhouse is cut farther down the short loin, so you get a bigger piece of the tenderloin (filet).

A Tomahawk is just a rib steak minus the tenderloin/filetn with the "Frenched" bone still attached.

Back
Top Bottom