What's your favorite appetizer to make?

MyExWasAChef

Veteran
Local time
11:25 PM
When I'm at home and I have some guests I just bring out some chips and a dip I made overnight. Sometimes I make cucumber sandwiches when bread is available. I know some of these sound like snacks but add something fresh like parsley or basil that you have in the garden. Add spice to spice old classics up! I also do pigs in a blanket when my nephews come for a visit. :)

I'm not really good at appetizers but the most popular appetizers we had prepared is nacho with dips. We would cooked ground beef - sauteed with margarine - that we would mix with the cheese dip in the can. And before serving, we run it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Guests love it and some would devour as if a meal will not be served anymore. And the party will not be over until someone would ask the recipe of the dip. They are always suprised to know that the cheese was the commercial dip in the can.

My appetizers are usually chip and dip or nachos. I also do vegetable and fruit trays with dips. Spinach dip with pita chips is always a hit.

When I go out to a restaurant, my favourite appetizer is soup which is usually what is served most of the time. However, if I am having guests at home for dinner, the only appetizer I would use would be a drink of some sort, if that can be called an appetizer. Before the actual dinner is ready, the guests can sit around and chat while having a drink of their choice. It is usually the same if I go to a home for lunch or dinner. The host would usually offer drinks prior to the dinner being served.

My favorite thing to make as an appetizer is a mezze platter! Dips, flatbread, olives, meats, cherry tomatoes - a whole mix of goodies like that! I think platters make good appetizers because there's basically something that will suit everyone on there.

My appetizers are usually chip and dip or nachos. I also do vegetable and fruit trays with dips. Spinach dip with pita chips is always a hit.
Spinach dip...? I love spinach but haven't come across it as a dip. Care to post a recipe @L_B?

Spinach Dip Recipe

8 oz cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 - 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 c finely chopped red pepper
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix

Method
Beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed, until smooth. Blend in sour cream. Add spinach, red pepper and salad dressing mix. Mix until blended. Chill for about 2 hours.

This is one of the recipes that I use but I also have another one.
I will see if I can find it and I will post it if I do.

My favorite appetizer is often nuts and chips or sliced ccumbers with ranch dressing dip.

Spinach Dip Recipe

8 oz cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 - 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 c finely chopped red pepper
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix

Method
Beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed, until smooth. Blend in sour cream. Add spinach, red pepper and salad dressing mix. Mix until blended. Chill for about 2 hours.

This is one of the recipes that I use but I also have another one.
I will see if I can find it and I will post it if I do.
Ah, I see now. It must look pretty with the cream cheese flecked with green copped spinach. Now tell me, what are the ingredients in the envelope of ranch salad mix!?

When I'm at home and I have some guests I just bring out some chips and a dip I made overnight. Sometimes I make cucumber sandwiches when bread is available. I know some of these sound like snacks but add something fresh like parsley or basil that you have in the garden. Add spice to spice old classics up! I also do pigs in a blanket when my nephews come for a visit. :)
I think the spinach dip is one of my favorite appetizers. I don't know if I have made it at home or not though. I usually get it when I go to a gathering of sorts. Spinach dip is good by itself or when combined with artichokes it is even tastier. I always make snacks for the super bowl so maybe this year it will be a spinach dip.

My favorite appetizer to prepare on the quick is stuffed mushrooms. I always have the ingredients which can range from seafood to stale crackers and cheese around and mushrooms are often on sale at our local market. I usually by them as an addition to a dish but they can be utilized for appetizers very easily.

In the summer I make a mango salsa with chopped mango, red onions, cilantro, cucumber, lime juice. I serve it with tortilla chips. I also like to make a spinach dip. You use Knorr vegetable soup mix, mayonnaise, sour cream, green onions and frozen spinach. http://www.knorr.com/recipes/detail/9278/1/knorr-spinach-dip.
I also like to make a layered dip with cream cheese mixed with taco seasoning on the bottom, then layer salsa, grated cheese, green onions and chopped tomatoes on top. They are so easy to make but full of flavour.

The mango salsa sounds awesome. I tried it once a long time ago and I loved it. I have never made it though. It may be on my list of appetizers for the holiday season. I actually had forgotten all about how good it was until I seen it posted here. I like all the different appetizers listed. This is a great thread.

Back
Top Bottom