What's Your Favorite Easy And Quick Meal?

Diane Lane

Veteran
Local time
2:37 AM
I have a few meals that I make when hunger overtakes me and I need something satisfying in a hurry. I'll often get immersed in my work or other affairs, then realize I need to eat, and don't have the time to cook something elaborate, so I'll throw something together quickly.

One of my 'go to' meals in these situations is mac and cheese from a box, and then I'll mix in tuna and a vegetable. Often, the vegetable will be french style green beans or peas. The other 'instant' meal is tostadas or nachos. They're basically the same, with just a few differences. The nachos are created with a base of corn tortilla chips, and the tostadas are corn tostadas, with toppings. I use refried beans on the tostadas, and will sometimes, but not always, use them on my nachos. My nachos usually consist of a shredded mix of cheeses and salsa verde. I also use the cheese and salsa verde on my toastadas.

These aren't exactly high quality meals, but that's not the point. They are filling and delicious, and serve the purpose in a pinch.

What is your favorite quick and easy meal for when you're in a time crunch?

Attachments

• tostada.jpg
    tostada.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 175
Hot dogs are always quick and easy, and can be made in a hurry. I usually have them on hand as well. Again, this is not a high quality meal, but it is quick and delicious. When I don't feel like cooking, and don't have anything I can just throw in the microwave, I will make hot dogs. I try to have them with some kind of vegetables, or even fruit like applesauce or something, so I am not in a total junk food zone.

I make instant noodle soup. I buy it pre-packaged and just cup up some vegetables to serve with salt and pepper to taste. Soups are good and easy to make in general so it's my go-to. I also enjoy making fried rice. I just cut up some leftovers and I'm set for the day.

Poutine, 'fancy' mac and cheese with broccoli and bacon, and BLT's are three staples meals I fall back on when I'm in a rush or not in the mood to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.

If it's just me, I'm perfectly happy having canned soup or crackers and cheese for dinner, but since I'm cooking for myself and my boyfriend I try to make a full 'meal' even if I'm not feeling it. He doesn't cook so I actually have quite a few quick and easy recipes, because as much as I love cooking, everyone needs a night off once in awhile :)

I'll make homemade chicken strips. I buy boneless chicken breasts so it's just a matter of breading them. I like to use panko and rather than the egg wash I'll just dip the chicken in milk and then into the bread crumbs. I season the bread crumbs with salt, pepper and garlic powder. While I'm frying up the homemade chicken strips, I'll make a pot of rice and serve with corn or carrots. Quick and easy comfort food. It takes no more than 20 minutes to make.

The easiest food for me to eat is some ramen noodles with sliced sausage and a egg. You sprinkle on some cheese and you are good to go for eating. A lot of simple recipes can be made with noodles and I tend to stock up on them just in case I am hungry.

I feel like I spoke to this before and honestly I am the quick fix lady and I could probably provide quite a list of things. Having said that it's mostly rice with some sort of protein which is usually chicken. Yesterday I had some tumeric rice and some stir fried chicken and I feel like it was ready in half of an hour. If it's anything that's not quite a full meal, it might be some pita or flatbread.

My quick and easy meal is skinless boneless chicken breast with stir fry veggies and rice. Rice takes 5 minutes. Throw the chicken and veggies in all in the pan its ready in minutes and it takes great.

I make a stir fry with diced vegetables, chicken strips, cashew nuts and 2 minute noodles with a touch of soy sauce and fresh sliced chillies or I open a tin of yellowfin tuna, dice tomatoes, onions, garlic, cucumber and fresh coriander with a touch of fish sauce and fresh lime juice with a touch of hot chillies and a bit of salt if needed served on salad greens. Both meals won't take longer than 15 minutes to prepare.

Back
Top Bottom