What's your favorite item to grill?

Diane Lane

Veteran
Local time
2:32 AM
I absolutely love chicken thighs cooked on the grill. I don't really care for them any other way, so I only eat them when I'm in the mood to grill. I also enjoy grilling vegetables, and my new favorite way to eat eggplant is grilled, with a drizzle of olive oil and some salt and pepper.

As we are in lamb season I love Barnsley chops and marinaded lamb neck fillets ,Cummin ,mint and olive oil ,or if I use the kettle grill a butterflied leg studed with garlic ,Rosemary and anchovies

Stovetop Kettle Smoker.jpg
Babyback ribs!!
Only, I like to use my Stovetop Kettle Smoker to smoke them. They come out fall-off-the-bone tender & juicy!! In the pic are smoked boneless country pork chops though.

Was my first time using it then. :wink:

Last edited:
I absolutely love chicken thighs cooked on the grill. I don't really care for them any other way, so I only eat them when I'm in the mood to grill. I also enjoy grilling vegetables, and my new favorite way to eat eggplant is grilled, with a drizzle of olive oil and some salt and pepper.

Thighs on the grill? I generally don't like thighs and would opt for breast anytime. If I am grilling anything it's going to be fish. Dolphin, blue marlin, bill fish or tuna are just a few things I am happy to grill with my mix of herbs and spices. I play around with this trying something new every time. I have not grilled in a while.

Thighs on the grill? I generally don't like thighs and would opt for breast anytime. If I am grilling anything it's going to be fish. Dolphin, blue marlin, bill fish or tuna are just a few things I am happy to grill with my mix of herbs and spices. I play around with this trying something new every time. I have not grilled in a while.
Ooh no ,brown meat is where it's at,I do a buttermilk ,Rosemary ,honey and garlic marinade,slow cooked over the coals ,on the bone moist and tender crispy outside,breast meat has its day,but for good honest flavours,you can't beat the brown

I LOVE to make BBQ, even though I have to do it indoors. Either or. It comes out mouth-watering good & very tasty!! :wink:

Ooh no ,brown meat is where it's at,I do a buttermilk ,Rosemary ,honey and garlic marinade,slow cooked over the coals ,on the bone moist and tender crispy outside,breast meat has its day,but for good honest flavours,you can't beat the brown

:) I have to remember this and I like the buttermilk( which I usually don't buy) rosemary, honey and garlic marinade combination.The outside grill is not my favourite thing, I used a small grill on the inside which invariably does not have the same effect/taste.

I LOVE to make BBQ, even though I have to do it indoors. Either or. It comes out mouth-watering good & very tasty!! :wink:

I feel like I am cheating with the inside grill:happy: and I swear it doesn't have the same taste. Maybe you have a better grill than I do

Last edited:
When you don't have a backyard and a outdoor BBQ grill to cook the food on, you improvise, adapt & overcome.
I've been doing BBQ like this for many years , and so has our mom & dad, & I've never had any complaints about the food being done this way.

Real authentic BBQ eateries cook their meats this way. Some have indoor smokers that are vented to the outside. My Stovetop Kettle Smoker does meat like this in the same way, only it does not smoke up the house. Instead, it gives off a milld subtle smokey flavor that permiates the house with a very pleasant aroma that make you so impatient for the food to get done, that you just love the aroma coming from the smoker. :wink:

When you don't have a backyard and a outdoor BBQ grill to cook the food on, you improvise, adapt & overcome.
I've been doing BBQ like this for many years , and so has our mom & dad, & I've never had any complaints about the food being done this way.

Real authentic BBQ eateries cook their meats this way. Some have indoor smokers that are vented to the outside. My Stovetop Kettle Smoker does meat like this in the same way, only it does not smoke up the house. Instead, it gives off a milld subtle smokey flavor that permiates the house with a very pleasant aroma that make you so impatient for the food to get done, that you just love the aroma coming from the smoker. :wink:

:) I felt sure you had a much better indoor grill than I do and I was right. My grill is a very basic indoor one when you stop and think about it. I miss that smokey smell and taste with my small grill.

Last edited:
You CAN get some liquid smoke & add a little bit of it to the meat before cooking it on your grill. This will give you the smokey flavor & taste that you are craving for.
Or get the stovetop kettle smoker like mine.

I tell you, there is nothing quite like gently smoked BBQ! It has a complete flavor & taste all its own!! I may not have a backyard or a outdoor BBQ grill, but one thing is for sure; I will NOT let that stand in my way when I want some honest-to-goodness real down-home Southern-style Texas BBQ! :wink: :stop: :headshake:

I love to bbq as much as I can, especially when the weather is warmer. I can't wait until we can build an entire outdoor kitchen...it's on my wishlist and I have the perfect spot picked out in my backyard!

My favorite is a nice ribeye, but I'm not too picky. I also love when my husband spends all day smoking a brisket. Last night we grilled some salmon, corn on the cob, peaches and pineapple, all over a charcoal grill. It was delicious!

As we are in lamb season I love Barnsley chops and marinaded lamb neck fillets ,Cummin ,mint and olive oil ,or if I use the kettle grill a butterflied leg studed with garlic ,Rosemary and anchovies
You CAN get some liquid smoke & add a little bit of it to the meat before cooking it on your grill. This will give you the smokey flavor & taste that you are craving for.
Or get the stovetop kettle smoker like mine.

I tell you, there is nothing quite like gently smoked BBQ! It has a complete flavor & taste all its own!! I may not have a backyard or a outdoor BBQ grill, but one thing is for sure; I will NOT let that stand in my way when I want some honest-to-goodness real down-home Southern-style Texas BBQ! :wink: :stop: :headshake:

Is the kettle grill the same as the kettle stove top smoker? I've never seen that before, and it looks intriguing. I love lamb, those sound delicious! I only have the small hibachi for outdoors right now, and this might be a good addition :).

The stovetop kettle smoker smokes the meat as it cooks it. The soft subtle smoke from the burning wood chips permeate the food with the smokey flavor & taste. :wink:

Is the kettle grill the same as the kettle stove top smoker? I've never seen that before, and it looks intriguing. I love lamb, those sound delicious! I only have the small hibachi for outdoors right now, and this might be a good addition :).
a kettle grill looks the same as the smoker but uses charcoal as a direct heat

Back
Top Bottom