What's your staple dish?

The most staple food in my country is rice. We usually have rice for breakfast, lunch and even dinner. Maybe a few will have bread for breakfast but the majority eat rice. This is because rice makes you feel full longer. A meal without rice feels like snacks only. Lol. Most of our viand also taste better with rice.

I really like the idea of rice as a staple. I could live with that. In the UK we use rice quite a lot, but also pasta and bread as a staple carb. I don't know where you are. Please tell us your country! You can put it under your picture. Follow this link to see how: How to add your location to below your avatar.

I would have to say bread, pasta, and potatoes are pretty much the staples for people I know. They may take different forms, but whether it's sliced bread, tortillas, pita bread, english muffins, or another type, bread is very popular here. Half of my Irish family married Italians, so potatoes and pasta were also very prevalent at our meals, and that has persisted with the younger generations.

We don't have a staple dish in my household. However, there are some staple ingredients that I always have in for the sake of making quick and easy meals. These include rice, pasta, a range of herbs and spices, tomatoes, cheese, onions, milk, bread, potatoes, bacon, minced beef, bell peppers, tuna and mushrooms. I have plenty of other ingredients in my house, but these are things that I always keep in as there are so many different meals I can make that my children love with these ingredients.

I don't have a staple dish but I do keep peanut butter and jelly in the house at all times. Also oatmeal and rice are things that must be in the house, when they are gone it is time to go shopping. Most everything else I can work around.

Well, I do eat a lot of spaghetti. I guess I might consider that to be a staple dish. It is inexpensive to make, and everyone likes it, so spaghetti is something that seems to make everyone happy. I might eat it a bit more than I should since it is high in calories but I have also experimented with using spaghetti squash in place of pasta to make it something even more figure friendly.

Cinnamon. Thats a new one on me with chapati. Do you mean it is eaten as a sweetened bread - or would the cinnamon be used as savoury?
Cinnnamon is to add some taste to the chapati. When feeling creative I get to throw in stuff like grated carrots, ketchup into the mix and then pan fry. Noone has complained this far.:dance:

I don't live in an Asian country, I'm from New Zealand but noodles (not the noodles in a cup sort) are definitely a staple in my household as is rice and bread.

in the uk the most common staples are either bread or potatoes but with food cultures changing and the ready available ingredients there are more faranacious products available ,from rice to beans and peas all becoming staple parts of our diet

Back
Top Bottom