Who hangs chocolate on their Christmas tree?

I used to hang Chocolate from the tree, but @morning glory kept coming over and slipping them into her purse. Lol just kidding. Wouldn't all those twinkly lights melt the chocolate? No tree here, but enjoy looking at other's trees. Can I hang chocolate on a Hanukkah bush? LOL.

I used to hang Chocolate from the tree, but @morning glory kept coming over and slipping them into her purse. Lol just kidding. Wouldn't all those twinkly lights melt the chocolate? No tree here, but enjoy looking at other's trees. Can I hang chocolate on a Hanukkah bush? LOL.

:laugh: You must be mistaken. I'm one of those strange creatures who doesn't like chocolate (true).

The chocolate used for the decorations isn't top quality so takes quite a bit to melt them :laugh:

What does your Hanukkah bush look like? ( no sniggering at the back)

We have occasionally hung chocolates on the tree, but its not something we do regularly. I do always hang spiced gingerbread on the tree though - it makes the room smell lovely.

Wouldn't all those twinkly lights melt the chocolate?
Most Christmas tree lights these days are LED and give off hardly any heat, so the chocolate is usually fine.

Wouldn't all those twinkly lights melt the chocolate?
We are still running with our original tree decorations including our tree lights. They are the traditional filament lights. Whilst they give off a little heat, as in they are hot to touch, this heat does not radiate more than a centimetre or two if that and that's in Australian heat just gone because I was curious about this thread and watched them, plus we had quite a few bulbs blow this year so I had the opportunity to watch the heat levels of tree lights for other reasons (fingers changing bulbs the way they are not meant to be!) .
I've certainly never experienced melted chocolates on any tree as a child growing up in the northern hemisphere and all Christmas tree lights were filament lights then (and some candles, they were the biggest risk).

What does your Hanukkah bush look like? ( no sniggering at the back)

Very small. With the Star of David at the top. LOL. Instead of Santa Claus, we track Hanukkah Harry or Uncle Saul with the gifts. I think someone made it all up because we're jealous and we want gifts and trees too. There is Hanukkah gelt (which means money) - chewy, waxy chocolate wrapped in gold foil, like coins. It's all very confusing haha.

Last edited:
Very small. With the Star of David at the top. LOL. Instead of Santa Claus, we track Hanukkah Harry or Uncle Saul with the gifts. I think someone made it all up because we're jealous and we want gifts and trees too. There is Hanukkah gelt (which means money) - chewy, waxy chocolate wrapped in gold foil, like coins. It's all very confusing haha.

Sounds great. If you do Christmas as well you get two celebrations. And for the Scottish there is also Hogmanay.

And Kwanzaa. Sign me up. I celebrate everything. :) I miss seeing the big tree lit up in Rockefeller Center in New York City at Christmas time. The first lady had some unusual trees all made of cranberries I think. All red. You either love it, or hate it.

Talking of Xmas candy, the wife put about a dozen canes in the fish bin with food we bought up for our hols. We were here about 3 or 4 days when she went to give the grandkids 1 each. There were only 2 left. The grandys didn't know anything ???? Still, someone enjoyed them,lol.

Russ

I saw chocolate ornaments on clearance last night at aldis. Florida just isn't a place to hang chocolate, Christmases can be cold or they can be hot and the weather leading up to the holiday is changable. One day near 90°f and two days later in the low 40°s

Back
Top Bottom