Who has an ice cream machine?

I am considerably jealous. Because we don't have a machine like that at home, we're left with little choice but to buy icecream at the stores. I fancy preparing my own icecream using organic ingredients. Where do you buy equipment like this? I wonder how much that costs too. It'd be great to gobble up icecream any time of the day, as long as you wish, using ingredients that aren't harmful to your health.

I am considerably jealous. Because we don't have a machine like that at home, we're left with little choice but to buy icecream at the stores. I fancy preparing my own icecream using organic ingredients. Where do you buy equipment like this? I wonder how much that costs too. It'd be great to gobble up icecream any time of the day, as long as you wish, using ingredients that aren't harmful to your health.

The machines themselves are not found in stores.

They are mainly available online, such from Amazon.com, Chefscatalog.com, Cooking.com and other places online. :wink: :eek:

I do not have an ice cream maker, but we did have one when I was a child. I remember my mom making ice cream in the ice cream maker and it used to be very nice. When I got a little older, and we did not have the ice cream maker any more, I would sometimes make my own ice cream. I would mix milk, sugar, salt, essence and a beaten egg together and pour the mixture into an ice pan to make ice cream blocks. However, most of the ice cream we ate was bought from the store. Nowadays, we buy all of our ice cream from the store. I think having an ice cream maker is a good idea though. Ice cream from the store these days can be rather pricey.

All this talk about ice cream machines is making me want to make some vanilla ice cream, but it'll have to wait until I can get the stuff for it! :hungry:

Plus, there is no room in the freezers to store it once it is made! :eek:

View attachment 283

Here's mine.

Had it for almost 11 years!

Still makes perfectly creamy smooth ice cream!! It has turned yellow, but it still does the job well! It replaces an electric wooden bucket type machine that required the use of rock salt and ice!! :wink:
I haven't seen one of those in a while. Most people find it easier to just buy ice cream, but at least this way you know what your putting into the ice cream.

Post your recipe Shermie if it works out well!

I have the kitchen aid ice cream maker attachment but have yet to use it. The recipes it came with didn't look too enticing and I never looked into it more. I would love to know a recipe that someone verifies works well!

I will post the Royal Crown Vanilla ice cream recipe in the Deserts forum as soon as I can find the recipe to do it from. :wink:

Last edited:

Forgot to tell you that I paid $200 for mine, plus S&H. That was back in '03 though. Got it from Chefscatalog.com :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom