Your Favorite Way To Cook Eggs

Jade

Veteran
Local time
8:28 PM
I don't eat eggs as much as I used to, but whenever I have it, I often prefer my eggs to be scrambled. Also, I know a lot of people don't like it, but I actually like it when the scrambled eggs are browned a little, which is unfortunate because most restaurants will usually opt to serve scrambled eggs the traditional way which is fluffy and light, which is why I usually just prefer to eat eggs I cook myself since they aren't very difficult to prepare and cook anyway.

How about you, which way do you like your eggs cooked best, or do you enjoy any way they are cooked?

Fried or scrambled for me. I enjoy them in pretty much every form but the two mentioned there are my definite favourites.

I don't eat a lot of eggs anymore but when I do they are either fried over easy, soft boiled, or boiled and turned into an egg salad sandwich. Occasionally I will have an omelet as long as it contains mushrooms, cheese and spinach.

I'm happy to eat eggs almost anyway they come. The only one I can't do is when my OH has fried them, but the oil was not hot to start off with leaving the eggs coating in a layer of greasy fat which sets me off coughing badly.

But I guess my favourite was (I can't have it anymore) buttered eggs... basically melt as much butter as you dare (aiming for 25g per egg if you dare!) until it is almost at the burnt butter stage and then add the egg and scramble/fry very quickly. Serve immediately on toast. I can't have it anymore because I'm allergic to dairy, but it was a once a month maximum due to the high fat content, though thoroughly delicious.

Right now I like to eat scrambled egg whites. I can put onions and other ingredients into my eggs and make them taste better. I like that I don't get all of the cholesterol as well.

I love eggs in all forms, but hard-boiled are probably my favorite (Easter is like Christmas for me haha). I've recently been converted to soft-boiled eggs as well, and of course appreciate a great omelet.

I'm not much of an egg eater but when I rarely do want eggs, I will take two eggs and beat them up and pour 1/4 cup milk to the beat up eggs and mix it. I then scramble them in a pan. I can't stand the taste of eggs so adding mix helps with not tasting the eggs.

I like my eggs scrambled hard but often making them omelet-style is relaxing. My favorite ingredients are spinach, mushrooms, onions, peppers and shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheeses.
Scrambled eggs are great with hash browns or chopped potatoes cooked together with breakfast meat or steak on the side.
With age, I am using egg whites more in my cooking.

I am a huge fan of eggs especially when they have a runny yolk to dip in. A few years ago we were in St Lucia and at breakfast they served scrambled eggs, they were the best I have ever tasted, I believe they used butter and cream, not good for the waist line but my word they were delicious.

I too like eggs scrambled when they are well cooked and firm. I don't like them to be soft or watery. The scrambled eggs should sit firmly on toast and not be leaking.

Otherwise I just enjoy eating hardboiled egg in a salad or a sandwich. I don't usually cook or eat eggs on their own.

Soft-boiled for 5 minutes, fried sunny-side up, or over easy.

Just as long as the whites are cooked and the yolk remains runny.

I never could master the over-easy egg, though.

All kinds of eggs are good for me, although aside from sunny side-up, my favorite would be scrambled eggs with the mixture mixed in with pieces of bacon, onions and tomatoes before being cooked. They're my favorite breakfast meal along with hotdogs and ketchup. Really makes my day most of the time.

I love making hard boiled eggs for deviled eggs, and I love making fritatas. My son devours them. He especially loves my fritatas. I make them with fried potatoes, onions, bell peppers, ham, eggs and cheese and pop in the oven for 10 minutes.

I prefer my eggs sunny side up with tons of hot sauce and bread to dip in the yolks, or poached and drenched in hollandaise lol.

Back
Top Bottom