Your favourite cooking smell

Not necessarily in this order but....Like others..bacon...reminds me of a good breakfast and the wonderful taste to come.....A good pot of coffee..and ..maybe surprisingly...fresh rosemary....reminds me of Christmas.
Why does rosemary remind you of Christmas?

One thing that gets me every time is the smell of fresh basil. When I make a recipe involving basil, I spend a fair amount of time just standing there and smelling it. I know, it sounds ridiculous, and I suppose it is. But, it's my kitchen, so my rules!

Oh no, is not ridiculous! I do the same thing...basil is fantastic. But I also do this with sage and thyme...if it was a sage or thyme scent, I should buy them!

Last edited:
Why does rosemary remind you of Christmas?
I'd guess fresh rosemary = pine needles. The first picture is rosemary, and the second is pine needles. Or, is it the other way around?

Rosemary_604.jpg

Pineneedle-iso.jpg

Bacon. There is a lovely Bed-and-Breakfast Inn that I've stayed at in the past that lets you select your breakfast the night before from little menus the Inn owner provides. The first time I stayed there I did not check off "bacon". When I came down in the morning to get my first cup of tea I could smell the bacon halfway up the steps. I poked my nose into the kitchen and asked if I could add a couple rashers of bacon to my plate. She laughed and said she always made more than ordered because what I was doing right then always happened with new people!
tumblr_nul0y7mJBn1sa8ezpo4_r1_250.gif

Back
Top Bottom