Your kitchen counter

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
8:11 PM
Next in the gripping ongoing series of “Let’s See Your…,” it’s time to share your kitchen counters. I’m interested in how you’ve got it arranged/laid out, and the material/design.

Here’s mine:

IMG_4624.jpeg

That’s where food prep that’s destined for a hot skillet happens. Salt & pepper handy, utensils, etc.

IMG_4625.jpeg

Moving to the left (my counter layout is L-shaped) are my air fryer, scale (and paper towels), and FP base.

IMG_4628.jpeg

Further left, the other side of the sink, that a the toaster, toast rack, MrsT’s automatic drip coffe…er, tea maker, and the coffee/tea station at the end.

IMG_4627.jpeg

My counter is just cheap particleboard stuff.

I need to do a bit of kitchen cleaning before I can participate. Some things on the counter need to be put away.

First, rascal reminds me I need to do laundry. Now you remind me I need to do kitchen cleaning. I may need to leave the forum for a while. :facepalm:

CD

View attachment 100935
My counter is just cheap particleboard stuff.

It is probably MDF, which is sometimes confused with particle board, but is much better. It is good for laminate countertops because it is very hard, and very dimensionally stable. For that use, it is better than plywood or even solid wood.

I have laminate over MDF in my kitchen, with solid oak edging. The color of the laminate is called Creme Brûlée, for obvious reasons.

1686106200042.jpeg

CD

It's dark and I'm with CD on this one..

But I can answer the what colour with a break from last night that almost makes plates float!

But here goes.

I did recently bleach it all (neat bleach) to remove the brown build up that the tops and slashes had gained and return it to its original condition. I can guarantee that the counter is the cheapest possible. A new kitchen was fitted after the last tenant moved out and before we moved in (plus new flooring after the +12 feral cats he had were locked into the house for over a month with him only feeding them, not cleaning them out! Yeah, some people give tenants a bad name)

Hubby has started the clean up. I cook, he washed. That way he get tasty food and fewer broken dishes, bowls, plates and so on.
Under the microwave lives the airfryer, toaster and kettle among with the eggs. To the right of the stove is the recycling and the composting.

16861242977855852677264728689348.jpg

to the left of the double sink is the drainer, the Vitamix and the Magimix Patisserie, then a whole load of drinking bottles, the fruit bowl and finally an unused soda stream hubby wanted. It doesn't fit anywhere else and it's too tall even for the cupboards.

The window used to be external, but now opens into the mud room. There's not much counter space, but it has considerably more than our last place.

16861244011393726535939025098994.jpg

Then there is the fridge, the big cupboard and usually more counter space, but it needs a clear out and a few things returning to their usual location.

We've more storage for non-perishable supplies in the mud room and the fridge freezer and deep freezer in the garage. Things like the dehydrator, bread maker, ice maker and pasta marker are on the worktop in the mud room. The small Magimix mini plus, and the unused KitchenAid stick blender plus my Kenwood chef mixer are in the big cupboard in the mud room as well. The fruit press is currently in front of the photo by the soda stream, you can see its handle. It usually lives on the boiler but the boiler has a leak currently and the plumber is dealing with it, so I needed to keep it clear of stuff.

Last edited:
Left to right mine goes: Liquid detergent/conditioner (because that's where the washing machine is), photo area, microwave, rice cooker, air fryer/halogen oven (depends which we are using), sinks and drainer, kitchen paper, electric kettle, coffee jar, gas rings, toaster, cooking oils.

I can't believe I missed this thread since I love seeing people's kitchens (and people's homes in general :D). So here's mine. A bit cluttered because boyfriend still needs to do the dishes and I have yogurt culturing. The thing that is covered is my superautomatic coffee machine (it grinds coffee beans and brews the coffee). In the summer it gets full of fruit flies so I keep it covered like my grandma does.
IMG_20230820_161536.jpg

IMG_20230820_161609.jpg

We've got a sort of galley kitchen, and there 's a minimal amount of stuff on the counters.
In the first picture, that's where I prepare almost all the food (double sink to the left and electric cooker in the middle). I don't like clutter, so any processors, grinders, coffee machines, blenders, etc. are in the cupboards.
The second picture is opposite the counter. That's where the microwave and the breadbasket are kept. You can see my "recipe book", where I note down any new recipes and the results; my knife roll and a basket of eggs. The cupboards above and below have crockery, baking material and spices in them.
In the third picture, you can see the whole kitchen from one end to another, with the kitchen table at the end. Right at the back is my wife's collection of china and glassware (there are about 15,000 items there :cool: :cool: ) which we use once in a blue moon.
Kitchen 1.jpg
kitchen 2.jpg
Kitchen 3.jpg

We've got a sort of galley kitchen, and there 's a minimal amount of stuff on the counters.
In the first picture, that's where I prepare almost all the food (double sink to the left and electric cooker in the middle). I don't like clutter, so any processors, grinders, coffee machines, blenders, etc. are in the cupboards.
The second picture is opposite the counter. That's where the microwave and the breadbasket are kept. You can see my "recipe book", where I note down any new recipes and the results; my knife roll and a basket of eggs. The cupboards above and below have crockery, baking material and spices in them.
In the third picture, you can see the whole kitchen from one end to another, with the kitchen table at the end. Right at the back is my wife's collection of china and glassware (there are about 15,000 items there :cool: :cool: ) which we use once in a blue moon.
View attachment 103914View attachment 103915View attachment 103916

Gosh, your kitchen (aside from the bit with the table looks smaller than mine. And mine is a typical galley kitchen in a terraced Victorian house. I was surprised because I thought you lived in a big detached house in Caracas...

Gosh, your kitchen (aside from the bit with the table looks smaller than mine. And mine is a typical galley kitchen in a terraced Victorian house. I was surprised because I thought you lived in a big detached house in Caracas...

It looks a pretty decent size to me. Keep in mind, all you can see in those photos is the countertops. A full shot of the kitchen may give a different impression of the size.

CD

Back
Top Bottom