Your Photos

Orvieto cathedral
20170624_192431.jpg

Last one round here went beserk whilst in the parade.

The "official" count was 285 for the roundup here last November. They have right of way on the roads but are not permitted in the bus station where that sign was.

The announcement on the Tannoy for this was "Surin deva and elephant evacuating from the clouds"

00020.jpg

We were being driven through India one time in a tiny little Japanese car and passed a working elephant walking down the road. I asked the driver to stop in a lay-by so I could take a picture. By the time I'd extricated myself from the car and got the picture, the elephant was almost upon us. As I got back in the car the mahoot had directed the animal to stand in front of us. The driver said that the mahoot wanted money for the photograph. The driver backed up slightly and the elephant was directed to the rear at which point our driver took off forward and we were gone. The driver told us that the mahoot would have had no qualms in instructing the elephant to sit on the car if we weren't forthcoming with money.

@Yorky, it sounds like you're taking your life in your hands just for a quick photograph! Yikes!

They would do well in NYC traffic. Move over or get crushed.

One of my fantasies, really.
Nice for stomping on idiot drivers, but wouldn't it make the commute really really long?

And how good of mileage does an elephant get anyway?

@Yorky, it sounds like you're taking your life in your hands just for a quick photograph! Yikes!

Nice for stomping on idiot drivers, but wouldn't it make the commute really really long?

And how good of mileage does an elephant get anyway?
Paint it pink and I'd say the commute would get quicker each day!

Can you imagine anyone filling in an insurance claim form saying "A pink elephant sat on the car"?

What's the stone, one side of a gate? You can make out the elephant head it.

I cannot remember specifically noticing it before. The stadium is called "The Elephant Stadium" where the round-up has been held for the last 50 years plus so I guess it's like a "monument".

Sorry I'm wrong. I have noticed it before. It's part of the scenery erected purely for the round-up I believe.

Here's another shot a little closer:

00018.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom