Your Photos

I love the way the Freedom Tower looks like a finger pointing up to heaven. Or maybe flipping the bird. Your choice. :wink:

A lot of people wanted the rebuild to look more like this:

newwtc.jpg

MILANOSWEETSBUSSTATIONS20140822_101954.jpg

Milan, Italy: The Airport Bus, to the Main Bus / Train Station, positions its visitors in front of this amazingly incredible palace of Italian Pastries. The Canolli are simple heaven on earth ..

...The Canolli are simple heaven on earth ..
The display them pre-filled? :ohmy: And SELL them that way? :eek:

Our absolutely favorite Italian bakery in the world (well, in the U.S.of A. since we haven't traveled "the world") does not fill the shell until you order and select your filling. They offer several fillings each day, but always the traditional vanilla with tiny chocolate chips. The cannoli shell is fresh and crisp, the filling is cool and creamy, and the entire pastry is heaven on earth. Corbo's cannoli are so very good, even my hubby will eat one - and he hates cannoli!

View attachment 8937

Milan, Italy: The Airport Bus, to the Main Bus / Train Station, positions its visitors in front of this amazingly incredible palace of Italian Pastries. The Canolli are simple heaven on earth ..

Cannoli
The display them pre-filled? :ohmy: And SELL them that way? :eek:

Our absolutely favorite Italian bakery in the world (well, in the U.S.of A. since we haven't traveled "the world") does not fill the shell until you order and select your filling. They offer several fillings each day, but always the traditional vanilla with tiny chocolate chips. The cannoli shell is fresh and crisp, the filling is cool and creamy, and the entire pastry is heaven on earth. Corbo's cannoli are so very good, even my hubby will eat one - and he hates cannoli!

Yes, they are often sell already filled..that's definitely normal in Italy. They are shown in a refrigerator obviously. My favourite ones are filled with orange peel...

Cannoli

Yes, they are often sell already filled..that's definitely normal in Italy. They are shown in a refrigerator obviously. My favourite ones are filled with orange peel...

@MypinchofItaly & @Lynne Guinne

I have never seen Cannolli un-filled in any part of Italy including Palermo, the home of the Cannolli. Nor other pastry. They are complete and ready for sale and eating ..

I find that "odd" Lynne, and it is not done any place that I have had a cannolli or any other stuffed type pastry.

In Manhattan, since the 1850´s if I am not mistaken, is one of the most renowned classic Italian traditional Café Bakeries in the Usa, "Ferrara´s in Little Italy".

They sell their pastries just like they do in Italy, the cannolli are filled with: whole milk ricotta, powdered sugar, candied citron, candied orange zest, vanilla extract, Sicilian Marsala Wine & orange flower wáter. These are the standard classic Sicilian ingredients ..

Café Panzera, is an Institution, and famed for its pastries. Café Panzera in Milan, is one of the best bakeries in Central Milan. I have a friend who is the Head Pâtissier at Café Panzera ..

Have a nice day Ladies.

Last edited:
Cannoli

@MypinchofItaly

The classic ingredients for the Sicilian Cannolli which are the type at Café Panzera are:
Whole Cow Milk Ricotta.
Powdered Confectioner´s Sugar.
Candied citron.
Candied orange zest ..
Vanilla extract.
Sicilian Marsala Wine.
Orange Flower Water ..

Have a lovely day ..

@MypinchofItaly

The classic ingredients for the Sicilian Cannolli which are the type at Café Panzera are:
Whole Cow Milk Ricotta.
Powdered Confectioner´s Sugar.
Candied citron.
Candied orange zest ..
Vanilla extract.
Sicilian Marsala Wine.
Orange Flower Water ..

Have a lovely day ..

Yes, I know this perfectly. And cannoli are one of my favourite desserts.

@MypinchofItaly & @Lynne Guinne

I have never seen Cannolli un-filled in any part of Italy including Palermo, the home of the Cannolli. Nor other pastry. They are complete and ready for sale and eating ..

I find that "odd" Lynne, and it is not done any place that I have had a cannolli or any other stuffed type pastry.

In Manhattan, since the 1850´s if I am not mistaken, is one of the most renowned classic Italian traditional Café Bakeries in the Usa, "Ferrara´s in Little Italy".

They sell their pastries just like they do in Italy, the cannolli are filled with: whole milk ricotta, powdered sugar, candied citron, candied orange zest, vanilla extract, Sicilian Marsala Wine & orange flower wáter. These are the standard classic Sicilian ingredients ..

Café Panzera, is an Institution, and famed for its pastries. Café Panzera in Milan, is one of the best bakeries in Central Milan. I have a friend who is the Head Pâtissier at Café Panzera ..

Have a nice day Ladies.

Your friends at cafe Panzera in Milano now are also my friends!
There are some places where cannoli aren't already fill but it's a very odd manner and people don't buy cannoli there so often.You eat first with your eyes and then with your mouth.

You are really lucky to be able to have your cannolis filled to order, LG.

They are usually already filled here too, but to get them fresh like that, with the still crispy shell is such a treat.

Back
Top Bottom