Your Photos

That is another cracking photo the colour is outstanding
I was just demonstrating that the Galaxy S7 is top range. Its an expensive phone, though - although it will go down in price as the S8 is now out. My daughter has the S5 which you can get a lot cheaper and that is nearly as good.

Best advice I can give is when you are thinking of updating your mobile - go for a Galaxy!

Samsung galaxy S7 (smartphone) has one of the top two phone cameras - its what I use. It is better than the i-phone. The S6 is about the same. I think.

@morning glory

I have taken some extraordinarily good photos of my 2 daughter in laws, my grandsons and seascapes ..

Plates can be challenging because of the illumination factors.
Sometimes great and sometimes " flunk " !! As has been said: Practice !!!

I have an older Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ( 6.75 " ) .. Great for Reading emails and viewing photographs ..
The camera, is good but I am better with a Digital 35mm or 35mm ..

I am useless at taking photos! Half the problem is that neither my Windows phone of my Android phone have a flash, and our houses are not built to take advantage of natural light. The living room faces south east and gets the sun most of the day, but unfortunately the garage is built in front of the house and cuts a lot of it out (not that my eyes mind!). The kitchen is at the back of the house and only gets natural light for a short part of the day in summer, or practically none in the winter. I do have a digital camera somewhere in one of the cupboards. Perhaps I should dig it out and treat it to some new batteries.

I have a Galaxy J7. I don't know the difference but it was not expensive (comparatively). However, either I can't use it correctly or it doesn't take very good pictures.

[I note that the S7 is four times the price of the J7]

I have a Galaxy J7. I don't know the difference but it was not expensive (comparatively). However, either I can't use it correctly or it doesn't take very good pictures.

[I note that the S7 is four times the price of the J7]

Yes - its a very expensive phone and the camera is much higher spec than the J7. Most people here get phones by contract - so they don't pay for the phone up front, just a monthly charge which includes 'paying' for the phone plus air time, data etc. I bought mine up front and just have a cheap monthly tariff (£12) - but as I consider photography my 'hobby' I felt justified in the investment.

Photograph Copyright: Francesca Guillamet ..

quixoteMUSEUM20140704_120412.jpg

My J7 was about Bht 7,000.00 earlier this year (£ 160.00). I pay a monthly fee of Bht 65.00 (about £1.50) for the telephone service which includes about 10 local short calls or texts. I don't use it for internet access other than via Wi-fi occasionally.

[Edit: brain wasn't working earlier]

Last edited:
Yes - its a very expensive phone and the camera is much higher spec than the J7. Most people here get phones by contract - so they don't pay for the phone up front, just a monthly charge which includes 'paying' for the phone plus air time, data etc. I bought mine up front and just have a cheap monthly tariff (£12) - but as I consider photography my 'hobby' I felt justified in the investment.
I bought my last phone (because Tesco had it on offer and I had just converted the sim from PAYG to contract when the original phone decided to die on me a week later). I added up the cost of the phone without the offer, the monthly charge from EE x12, and the cost of the sim from EE, and it was still far cheaper than getting the same phone on contract over a year. Factor into this the money off the cost, the "loyalty discount" from EE, and the "price match with better tariff", it was a lot cheaper still. and the added bonus was that this Android phone had the latest software and was a lot more up to date that the one that had died. Like all EE tariffs it does revert to normal after a year, so I will be have to be especially careful to renew it on time.

If I understand the handphone cameras correctly (and please correct me if I'm wrong) they have very little user control. I understand that yours has a fixed f 1.7 aperture (mine is fixed at f 1.8). I'm sure your "aging" Pentax has far superior manual control (I used Pentax cameras (SLR and DSLR) from 1980 to 2012.

Photograph: Francesca Guillamet ..
Location: Milano, Italy Airport headed to Centre of City in 2016 ..
Great deal: 5 or 6 Euros - 50 minutes Direct ..

busmilano20140822_090508.jpg

Photograph Copyright: Francesca Guillamet ..
Date: Christmas 2015 - New Year´s 2016 ..

francescahongkong10877656_434886383325374_465265001_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom