Your Photos

Could Spring be on its way?

fullsizeoutput_2c49.jpeg

@MypinchofItaly

We have very dear Friends, the Chef is French but his wife is Portuguese. And we visit with them yearly .. We like Lisbon very much and Algarve !!

The bus ( number 28, I believe which takes you up the high hill, in the historic district is alot of fun !! It is like a roller coaster !! ha ha ha .. )

Have a great weekend ..

Muita saudade !!

@MypinchofItaly

We have very dear Friends, the Chef is French but his wife is Portuguese. And we visit with them yearly .. We like Lisbon very much and Algarve !!

The bus ( number 28, I believe which takes you up the high hill, in the historic district is alot of fun !! It is like a roller coaster !! ha ha ha .. )

Have a great weekend ..

Muita saudade !!

Exatly @Francesca, N.28, like a roller coaster indeed! :laugh:
Oh Lisboa, we love it.We have been lot of time but everytime it's new. Algarve is stunning place. We also love Coimbra, Leira...Alentejo. Sintra, Cascais, Cabo da Roca :love:
And Portugues language is so lovely and sweet. Eu falo ainda poucas palavras mas è muito lindo...I still speak very few words but it's very beautiful..

We've been adopted. It arrived three weeks ago looking very sorry for itself. It now looks a lot better/healthier but doesn't seem to know where to go to. Next step is building a dovecote because alone it will not survive our winters. I can almost touch it now and it is close to trusting me enough to hand feed.

DSC_2813.JPG

Food photos??

I tend to overdo birthday cakes..that I've never tried before..
baked alaska 2.jpg

First baked Alaska..with homemade cherry ice cream, et-all
Alton Brown cut out a wood map of Alaska..so I HAD to do the same on a scrap of plywood :)

First time making a croquembouche..
..used a dollar store(pound store) styrofoam tree cone, wrapped with parchment
Made ~60+ profiteroles and filled them all with a cream custard (PITA)
All fused with hot sugar syrup..
a bit lop-sided...but it was a rushed first time...:unsure:

croquembouche.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We've been adopted. It arrived three weeks ago looking very sorry for itself. It now looks a lot better/healthier but doesn't seem to know where to go to. Next step is building a dovecote because alone it will not survive our winters. I can almost touch it now and it is close to trusting me enough to hand feed.

View attachment 14392
Having spoken to the local vets, no one had reported one missing and the local lost and found (particularly found unless it's a well known dog) is generally all done by the vets on Fb. They prefer to control it and act as an intermediary for you, never posting a picture of a found animal but them keeping a copy. It helps reduce the nunnery of people trying to claim a free pretty etc... No one is missing a white dove, so in 2 weeks time we can claim it as ours if we so wish. They also agree that unless we can tame it and get it to go either into the chook house (an old stable block) to roost with our chooks or into a purpose built dovecote, it's chances of surviving the winter are slim. It's expected to be another long cold winter here and that means 2 months or more of overnight temperatures around the -8C to -10C mark. Daytime temps in single figures if they get above zero... It's a very dry cold here, with little rain so clear skies all the time. They help during the day, but at night the thermometer only goes one way. I guess we have a new member in our flock.

Anyone know anything about doves?

Back
Top Bottom