Your Photos

It must be 20 years since I was in Kuta. I guess it must have changed. I remember staying in Jimbaran when there were two beach restaurants (1995). Three years later, you couldn't see the sea for restaurants.

About 15 years for me, went on a tour, the driver pulled out in front of a motorbike, not good, cops, hrs delayed. Crazy place. But beautiful sunrise and sunsets, not keen on going back after the bombing that killed some Aussies.

Russ

Towards the sunset.jpg

Never been to Margate, but it looks nice, and surprisingly warm, isn't it winter there? Loved Cornwall coast when there.

Russ

Yes its winter - but it was bright sunshine the whole time I stayed (Wednesday/Thursday/Friday). Not warm though! We get good weather in Kent. But now its tipping down with rain.

You'll wonder what the significance of this picture is, but Lake George doesn't often have water in it. However, we have had 2 days of exceptionally heavy rain in the form of thunderstorms that have led to lots of local flash flooding and finally water in the lake ! (around 140mm of rain in a couple of hours each day ). And a landslide, but it was very overhyped given it only managed to close half of one lane of the Sydney Canberra highway (we were driving it at the worst possible point, so actually passed it before emergency services were on the scene) and blocked the hardshoulder as well.
It was simply a case of more water through a flood drain than it could cope with once it was partially blocked with soil ,rocks and small boulders brought down the mountainside by all the water ...

DSC_0477.JPG
(My picture)

This is a local valley some 1-2km from our home (picture is not mine)
FB_IMG_1544858883574.jpg

FB_IMG_1544858915333.jpg
There's normally no water through this valley with the creek bed usually dry +99% of the time. I live at the head of two valleys. This is, by far ,the smaller of the two .

Further down a different road didn't fair too well. Aussie's like putting campsites where there's water. .. It took less than 20 minutes to flood. (again not my picture). It was gone by the next day. However, Lake George still has water in it.

_20181217_134803.JPG

Back
Top Bottom