You're all doing Italian food wrong, say Italians

LissaC

Legendary Member
Local time
2:01 AM
[Mod.edit: several posts moved to start a new topic (MG)]

Found this online and thought it was both entertaining and enlightening. Maybe MypinchofItaly can confirm if these are true or not?
1645184389394.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like I should disclose that I cut my pasta with a knife. Always have, and always will. I think I should be fine unless I do it in Italy :laugh:

Found this online and thought it was both entertaining and enlightening. Maybe MypinchofItaly can confirm if these are true or not?
View attachment 81183
I find that I’m in general agreement with our Italian friends, though I do have one spaghetti dish that specifically calls for breaking up the pasta. I make allowances for that. :laugh:

Yes TR I align with Italians on almost everything. The 2 that surprised me the most where other countries got it totally wrong was adding cream to carbonara and adding sauce to pasta on the plate or bowl as opposed to mixing the sauce in first. Crazy lol. Conversely, I have no problem having seafood with cheese.

adding sauce to pasta on the plate or bowl as opposed to mixing the sauce in first.
That’s the norm where I grew up, excepting a baked pasta dish, of course, and still largely is, even in a lot of family restaurants.

When we were first married, my wife would complain and complain when I’d mix the sauce and pasta together, because that’s associated with canned spaghetti, but after a few years of her complaining and me not listening, she finally gave up, and now that’s how she prefers it. :laugh:

I love pizza hawaii and have eaten tons of spaghettis with ketchup as a kid. Rinsing cooked spaghettis in cold water is a common way to prepare spaghetti in a restaurant, they should be mixed with some oil. Cooking pasta in water + oil is not that cool, the pasta soaks in the oil, what makes it hard for the pasta to soak up the sauce when served.

Back
Top Bottom