What did you cook or eat today (April 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A sort of "what needs using?" chilli.

20240430_181217.jpg
20240430_163004.jpg

Ham sammich, not bad but Mr SSOAP is in the habit of buying plastic wafer thin ham so radish red peppers and carrot were added to the sandwich pep it up.

IMG_2620.jpeg

and much excitement for me - they removed the wheat and gluten from a particular brand of onion rings, I've not had onion rings for so many years it was a real tastebud trip down memory lane!
My goodness onion rings have a strong flavour!

Ham sammich, not bad but Mr SSOAP is in the habit of buying plastic wafer thin ham so radish red peppers and carrot were added to the sandwich pep it up.

View attachment 112998

and much excitement for me - they removed the wheat and gluten from a particular brand of onion rings, I've not had onion rings for so many years it was a real tastebud trip down memory lane!
My goodness onion rings have a strong flavour!
You do know you can use rice flour to make a tempura batter to make onion rings, fried mushrooms and other veges?

A Japanese place we used to visit, too far to go now, would spiralize carrots, zucchini and yellow squash, then dip them in a very thin tempura batter and fry. They were part of their seafood tempura platter.

You do know you can use rice flour to make a tempura batter to make onion rings, fried mushrooms and other veges?

A Japanese place we used to visit, too far to go now, would spiralize carrots, zucchini and yellow squash, then dip them in a very thin tempura batter and fry. They were part of their seafood tempura platter.

Ah yes I’ve probably made every gluten free batter there is out there and I do have real onion rings a few times a year👍
They even sell gluten free pre-made ones.

The ones in the pic are the super strongly flavoured onion ring crisps (chips). They always contain gluten, but not today! 👏

Finally finished the pre-cook prep list with these two ice creams. One is Espresso syrup and Fudge I’ve made before and the other I’ve called decide to call Cherry Cherry 🍒 🍒

Espresso Syrup and Fudge the finished article -
IMG_2630.jpeg

One of the two mid layers. I did two cherry sauces, one dark cherry which I made sweet and one red cherry that I made slightly sour, hence ‘Cherry Cherry’.
You can see the dark in a strip on the left and the red in a strip on the right. I used a fork to drag the colours up thorough the layers bottom to top for a ripple effect.
IMG_2622.jpeg

Cherry Cherry the finished article -
IMG_2627.jpeg

It’s all vegan and I’d be prepared to bet no-one can tell or notices 👍

Happy all the prep I wanted to do is finished.
Towards the end of the list it felt like a labour of love rather than a joy!

Last edited:
This is for BINGO! tonight over at the Community next to ours

IMG_3893.JPG

Chocolate Dipped Rice Crispy Treats.
My official taste-tester gave it a thumbs up, so let's gussy these up a bit so that they sell well

IMG_3894.JPG

I wrapped up 22 of these cuties and went looking for vessel for transport and came up with this idea

IMG_3895.JPG

IMG_3896.JPG

I had totally forgotten that my half-sheet pan has a cover!
PERFECT!
At intermission/half time of BINGO, the community overs desserts and coffee for a donation.
When ever I walk into the Community Hall, I hear, "There she is! What did you bring this time?"
I walk around the Hall so that everyone can get a look and drool.
DH said by making these as individual portions, all wrapped up nice, they should sell out 🤞
I make nothing from this, I donate what ever treat I bring for them to sell.
I usually hold back a couple for my Neighborhood Gal Pals and their husbands.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom