What did you cook or eat today (April 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went recently. It is pricey. But nobody in town makes a better burger. Except me.
Yeah, I have never spent my own money on one of those (I get paid to evaluate them about once a month at different locations in my area). I don't love their fries but the burgers are delicious.

I bet your burgers are good, I know mine are!

Novotel at Bangkok airport, a level better than most airport hotels.
Mixed Maki and a teryaki beef bento. It was massive, I have never been beaten by sushi before. Sadly our next proper meal will be at home :cry:

View attachment 111933View attachment 111934
So after all of the fabulous delights you've eaten what is the first thing you're thinking of eating when you get home?

I mean the first easy thing after your flight and the first thing you're thinking you might cook?

IMG_3870.jpeg

Inch thick sirloin steaks? Check.
Brussels sprouts fried with pan-rendered bacon? Check.
Sautéed mushrooms? Check.
Potato wedges baking in the oven? Check.
Painting of Ireland on a baking tile that I made in Galway in 1998? Check.

Thank You. Been weird. Still feel like I’m pressed for time to get things done. Like when you have a job and you have something to do on Saturday and you feel like you have to finish it that day. Still waking up at 4:00 am.

From people I know who've retired, it sounds like having some sort of schedule helps. I don't mean mapping out all your activities for the week, but just have something to do once you've caught up on all those household projects. My wife is retired, and she spends much of the day selling clothing on Poshmark. Since it's something she loves to do, and since it's self-sustaining (buy clothes, sell clothes, use the money to buy more clothes), she's really enjoying retirement.

Other people I know end up finding a job somewhere. My dream is to retire, collect my pension, then go back to work for Ford part-time. There are a few people I know who've done that. I really like my job, though, so that's not an option for everyone.

From people I know who've retired, it sounds like having some sort of schedule helps. I don't mean mapping out all your activities for the week, but just have something to do once you've caught up on all those household projects. My wife is retired, and she spends much of the day selling clothing on Poshmark. Since it's something she loves to do, and since it's self-sustaining (buy clothes, sell clothes, use the money to buy more clothes), she's really enjoying retirement.

Other people I know end up finding a job somewhere. My dream is to retire, collect my pension, then go back to work for Ford part-time. There are a few people I know who've done that. I really like my job, though, so that's not an option for everyone.
I do stained glass art and woodworking. Working 10-11 hours a day for the past several years I haven’t had time to do it much. I have an idea of what I want to the next day but it’s nice to take a break when I want to. Work at my own pace. I’ve been eating better. Have time to hit the gym on a more regular routine. Not rushed to cook dinner. Want to make something for all nine grandkids. Something they can have as a reminder of me when I’m gone.

For a long time I would remember the French onion soup, but never cooked it or ate it so far, until yesterday. Gorgeous. And very filling. The caramelizing of the onions that took 55 minutes, was magical on its own. I might have added a tad more salt than desired, but it was still a treat. I was blown away by the richness of taste. I did use lard instead of butter in phase 2, as I avoid dairy, but I came to like lard, so it was excellent. I used chicken stock. Gluten free toast and vegan cheese. I might have waited a bit longer for the cheese to brown, but I had an online lesson, and still was fine.

View attachment 111917View attachment 111919View attachment 111918View attachment 111920
Is that gruyere? /drool

New chicken restaurant called Slim Chickens. I had a Slims Meal. Pretty sure anyone eating fried chicken tenders, French fries, and Texas toast regularly isn't going to stay slim. I ate 1 tender, 1 piece of the bread, and 6-7 fries and brought home the rest to hubby.
20240404_155435.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom