15 Things to Never Put in a Dishwasher

16. The cat. 🐈

Neither of my cats want to be cooked. And actually, since Serenity the ragdoll cat will be old enough to vote on November 11th, and no other cat here has ever lasted that long... she IS NOT going to be COOKED, stewed, braised, or anything else. I do think that at age 18 for myself, I'd have been bored out of my gourd just being in houses and never going out anywhere (except to vets).

We have had our cat for 3 1/2 years. No idea how old she was when we were given her. So, next year I can tell DH she is old enough to go to work? :woot:

Cats come in handy. DH will sometimes look at the kitchen (after dinner) and say, who made this mess? I say "Gracie". lol

Stainless steel pots & pans should never be washed in the dishwasher either! Starchy foods, such as rice, pasta, dried beans, oatmeal & potatoes will produces a white film inside that can't be removed without having to scrub the surfaces with a copper or stainless steal cleaning paste.

Neither of my cats want to be cooked. And actually, since Serenity the ragdoll cat will be old enough to vote on November 11th, and no other cat here has ever lasted that long... she IS NOT going to be COOKED, stewed, braised, or anything else. I do think that at age 18 for myself, I'd have been bored out of my gourd just being in houses and never going out anywhere (except to vets).
My tabby cat died in July. She would have been 22 last Sunday.

Stainless steel pots & pans should never be washed in the dishwasher either! Starchy foods, such as rice, pasta, dried beans, oatmeal & potatoes will produces a white film inside that can't be removed without having to scrub the surfaces with a copper or stainless steal cleaning paste.
I always put stainless steel in the dishwasher, no problem. On the odd occasion it does get white film on it, a little white vinegar normally gets it off - works for old glasses too.

The only things I don't put in the dishwasher are some gold-rimmed plates that were my mother's and are at least 70 years old, some gold rimmed glasses, my cast frying pan the coating of which seems to be removing itself quite happily in spite of being looked after religiously as per instructions, my baking stone which is heavy enough I reckon to tip the dishwasher over (OK, I'm exaggerating but I can barely lift it)and stays in the oven all the time, my wooden chopping board, and the odd few items which are marked not dishwasher safe. Everything else goes in there - even my wooden spoons and the wooden handled utensils which are 50 years old, and a plastic colander which is about 25 years old, plus the Tupperwares which were bought new in 1958, 1974 and 1976. I also have some plastic trays and dishes which are oven-safe up to Gas Mark 4 and 5 so they are fine. So far I've only had one thing ruined in the dishwasher which was a mug which shattered - the second identical one I got was fine so I guess it was a fault in the manufacture which was to blame rather than the dishwasher.

I chuck almost everything in the dishwasher too - wooden spoons, plastic boxes etc.

Tupperwares which were bought new in 1958, 1974 and 1976.

I'm seriously impressed that you can recall the exact year in which you bought each piece of tuppaware! :D

Back
Top Bottom