2019 Advent Calendars

You are eating more sweets in a month than I think I consume in a year!
It's Christmas, the time for indulging!

Seriously, though, it's kind of a problem with my personality - anything in the house to eat, I feel like it needs to be eaten. Not necessarily gorged upon, but eaten.

Right now, there are, I think, seven packages of cookies in the house, and I'm actually getting a little anxious seeing them sitting out, because we're not eating them, and I keep thinking, "These things need to be eaten, they're just sitting there!" - but at the same time, I'm trying to be reasonable, and if I've eaten a piece of cake or something that day, I don't want to also eat some cookies.

That's what holiday stress looks like in my house.

Right now, there are, I think, seven packages of cookies in the house, and I'm actually getting a little anxious seeing them sitting out, because we're not eating them, and I keep thinking, "These things need to be eaten, they're just sitting there!" - but at the same time, I'm trying to be reasonable, and if I've eaten a piece of cake or something that day, I don't want to also eat some cookies.

Have to say, some foods trigger that (so I understand) but others don't, or no longer do. My parents used to joke that come Easter they'd throw out all the uneaten Halloween candy, and come Halloween, they'd throw out all the uneaten Easter candy.

When in college, my parents gave me things to take back to classmates or dorm fellows, they knew the items were mostly going to go feed my fellows. (Especially if it was fruitcake. They got a LOT of fruitcake from Dad's business associates.) There were only a few things I wanted to eat.

Apparently it is bad luck to open an advent window before the day itself, never heard that before :scratchhead:

I have a similar issue and have a rule in this house, to help me out, all sweets and biscuits, anything that's a treat basically, is kept out of sight in a cupboard because it's I don't see if, I don't eat it. For me, that works really well. They are kept on the top shelf above the fridge, or for the fava beans, on the very bottom shelf at floor level, in the main cupboard.

I have a similar issue and have a rule in this house, to help me out, all sweets and biscuits, anything that's a treat basically, is kept out of sight in a cupboard because it's I don't see if, I don't eat it.

My rule is even simpler - no sweet stuff in the house at all.

*although my sweet tooth is virtually non-existent, I have been known to binge eat sweet things after midnight (especially if I have had a drink or two). Luckily, I'm never tempted in day time at all.

My rule is even simpler - no sweet stuff in the house at all.

*although my sweet tooth is virtually non-existent, I have been known to binge eat sweet things after midnight (especially if I have had a drink or two). Luckily, I'm never tempted in day time at all.
...and I have a cream-filled doughnut on the counter whispering to me like a flaky little Siren.

The only things I may binge on dessert-wise are good quality Belgian dark chocolates.

I've had other dessert things such as candies or cookies in this house for a lengthy period of time, but even when I'm feeling "hangry" and want to gnosh on something - they are totally ignored. When moving up here, there was a surprising amount of that (to me, inedible stuff)_ tossed into the trash! (yes, mostly well-meaning gifts, just by now too old to consume anyways.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom