8 Things Every New (or Nervous) Cook Should Know

Also, keep the menu simple. Better to wow with just a few things done right than to be overwhelmed and do 15 things poorly.

The one and only party I ever threw, I decided to do nibbles instead of a full meal. That ballooned into dozens of different appetizers, and enough so everyone could have several bites of each, along with mulled wine, punch, a cold cocktail...I was ready to be institutionalized before the first guest arrived!

I'd say use butter and salt, a bit more than you usually would for a party or celebration. It's the trick restaurants use all the time to make their food taste the way it does.

I got this tip from Anthony Bourdain and also have seen it happen a lot in the pro kitchens I worked in.

I'd say use butter and salt, a bit more than you usually would for a party or celebration. It's the trick restaurants use all the time to make their food taste the way it does.

I got this tip from Anthony Bourdain and also have seen it happen a lot in the pro kitchens I worked in.

Its also a trick, salty stuff that is, to get people to buy more drinks at bars.

Back
Top Bottom